Back to Reality...

shburks

DIS Veteran
And not liking it one bit!

Loved our four night cruise on the Dream. We had a large party of 4 cabins (10 people) and got the large center table in Royal Palace the first night! Not great for conversations, but it was so cool! We had the best assistant server EVER! We scored cabana #9 just days before leaving and had beautiful weather for the entire cruise.

We booked an IGT and had room 8061 so no nice upgrade but the room was fine. On the small side and no split bath, but it was just ds (only 8 ) and me. Dead center of the ship though so no rocking...slept like a baby!

DS and I spent two extra days at Disney afterward so we just got home on Saturday but as you know...it's hard to come home!

We only got off the ship at CC but loved our time.

You sound like me -- we also sailed with a large party and only got off at CC on our 4-day cruise, but we got off the cruise almost a month ago. I've been in a post cruise funk ever since. Last Sunday, I was watching the webcam for the sail-away for the first time since we were back and it wasn't fun anymore. :( I then found a link to watch old sail away videos and found ours (and saw us too!) and that put me in even more of a funk. I actually cried, which I know is pathetic. I guess I need therapy to get over our vacation -- or I need to book another one. I am now researching to see which one that will be. I am actually thinking of surprising my family with this one. We'll see what happens. I'm not very good with secrets.

You sound like me -- we also sailed with a large party and only got off at CC on our 4-day cruise, but we got off the cruise almost a month ago. I've been in a post cruise funk ever since. Last Sunday, I was watching the webcam for the sail-away for the first time since we were back and it wasn't fun anymore. :( I then found a link to watch old sail away videos and found ours (and saw us too!) and that put me in even more of a funk. I actually cried, which I know is pathetic. I guess I need therapy to get over our vacation -- or I need to book another one. I am now researching to see which one that will be. I am actually thinking of surprising my family with this one. We'll see what happens. I'm not very good with secrets.

Isn't it awful! We need a support group or something! I have one booked for October but hoping to go before then. Husband comes home for R&R (active duty military) in late July but rates are so $$$ that I'm just hoping for a *GT or mil rate or something. Otherwise, nothing for us!

I feel the same way. Got of the ship about 12 days ago and Im still in such a funk over it! It is sooo hard to come back to reality!!!

Our first cruise was back in September. We are STILL in our funk. Our next cruise is pretty much all we talk about (hoping for b2b on the fantasy in September). I'm a nurse and so I pick up a lot of shifts to pay for our new addiction and if the day turns out to be a bad one, the thought that the day's pay will be going into our cruise fund gets me through...

I've also convinced my family that they need to come on a cruise with DH and myself. That includes my parents and younger brothers currently 11, 8, & 5yo. My Dad says they probably can't do it until 2015 so I'm already thinking about how old the boys will be then and looking for sale items like sunglasses, lanyards, hats and tee shirts to buy cheap and save for them. We have decided we are going to try and surprise the boys and I'm already planning the way to surprise them...

In our family we call this PDD Post Disney Distress........no way to get over it except book another trip. :)

Count me in as another sad one!

We left the Fantasy 10 days ago and miss it soo much! My 6 yr old daughter kept saying the other day she wanted to go home. I finally asked her why she keeps saying that when we are home. She looks at me & says "no, I want to go back to my cruise home".

Me too- since October funk. I really really want may 10 but I have no vacation days right now :(

Oh, darn! Just got off the Fantasy on Saturday and we are all in a huge cruise funk! :sad2: I hoped it would go away soon, but it sounds like it hangs on for awhile! But we did rebook onboard so something to look forward too! :cool1:

After my cruise I didn't know how I was going to manage without dinner servers, a room attendant, nightly live entertainment, a play area for my kids bigger than my house, and a drink of the day. It took a while to get used to. The only thing that made it better was booking the next cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter