Back Pain-Help/Hope?

Laila Bryce

Mouseketeer
Hi all
For the past year I have been in pain with my back. The pain is in my lower back in the spine. At times it is off to one side or the other. Most of the time it feels like someone with really long fingernails is squeezing my spine. My leg goes numb when I sit or stand. After driving for 8 miles my leg goes numb and my back kills me. I have been to the dr numerous times with no help. He has done mri/xray with only showing "old compression fractures and disc" changes. I am only 33. Is there any hope that this will get better? Any suggestions? I feel like the dr feels I am lying. *Sigh*

First off, your not alone!:hug: I have the same problem. Do you hurt in the sciatica area? That will send pain into the leg. I have recently joined curves, and I learned to do certain machines. I do not do any stretching as to aggrivate that area. I can honestly say I am feeling allot better. It hurt at first, but I also have allot more energy. Check with your DR. first.

I'm sorry you are in so much pain...:worried:

Have you considered a 2nd opinion? I had other issues that I felt went unwarranted, and am forever thankful I sought out another opinion..

Just a vote for another doctor opinion here. Sometimes one doc misses something. Hugs and prayers for you...

my spine is a mess as have degenerative disc diease so cannot stand even long enough to brush my teeth. I see a specilist and he gives me facett shots in my spine about twice a year. just had a injection on left side for sciactica pain three weeks ago. sometime the injections help and sometimes they don't. but is nothing else I can have done as had four lower lumbar disc taken out years ago and worked and three years ago this all hit. Just found out the degernerative disc diease also in my neck this past week on the new MRI.. so it is what it is with me and I am on a EVC most places I go. but at least can go so I try to look at it that it could be worse.

Thank you every one for your kind words. Much appreciated to know I am not alone.
As for another dr I am trying, but live in a very small area and it is hard to get into a dr. But I will keep trying.

Myself and fiance are in the same boat as you. Though mine isn't as bad, I had to seek therapy for it. Like another poster said, stretching helps as well as swimming.

Fiance was offered an epidural shot. It buys you a bit of time before the pain eventually comes back. I'd seek another doctor's opinion and recommendation. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter