Back from Vero. Impressions.

Spent two days at Vero Beach, July 2 and 3. What a delightful resort! We were on the fourth floor with a beautiful view of the sunrise. Wonderful staff. Pool was great. Gave the water slide a try. Pick n peel shrimp by the pool was delicious and plentiful. Used 24 points for two nights, mid week. So much the opposite of resorts on site. Laid back.

Drove into Vero for Pizza one night and Panera the other. Pizzoodles. Great food.

I agree. We went on our first trip there in June for three nights and wished I had stayed longer.
The staff was one of the courteous I have ever encountered. It seems they went out of their way to welcome us and made sure we had a very nice room location.
The activities for the kids were wonderful and the entire atmosphere was relaxing. Will definitely try to go there again soon.
Oh yeah, the food by the pool was superb, as well as their Sunday brunch. We drove in twice to the Lobster Shanty and loved it!

Enjoyed our first trip there in May as well. Very laid back. Didn't like Lobster Shanty as much though. Didn't know about the shrimp by the pool....but did pick up a Dole Whip!! :cool1:

We bought a small contract at Vero 2 years ago and we waited to go till last year. We stayed in an Ocean View Inn Room and it was spectacular!!! What a sunrise view!!!!
I found the staff to be incredible. I mean EVERY staff member I came across was friendly, courteous, willing to help and REALLY did go the extra mile. I am not easy when I am on vacation. I except "service" and they WOWED me.
We loved the food at all the eateries on site and it was totally relaxing.

I love reading about Vero! We can't get there until next year, but we all enjoy it so very much!
Bobbi:goodvibes

Glad you enjoyed your stay-we spent a relaxing week there in 2007-now you have to try Hilton Head! I really think these beach resorts are Disney's "best kept secret"! :)

We had a great trip to Vero in June and are trying to decide on next year. Can we skip WDW two years in a row? We enjoyed it so much we are leaning that way!

We are on to OKW this year and planning a return visit to Vero Beach next year. Don't forget to try some of the activties that they offer such trips on the river in a kayak, surfing, beach walking ect....

Thank you to all who are giving Vero a thumbs up:thumbsup2, we leave in 19 days for our 1st visit. We will be spending two nights there before our 5night stay at Disney. I am very excited and the reports only fuel that.

We are trying to decide between Lobster Shanty and Squid Lips, any recommendations would be great. Also, we love pizza any recommendations?

Thank you to all who are giving Vero a thumbs up:thumbsup2, we leave in 19 days for our 1st visit. We will be spending two nights there before our 5night stay at Disney. I am very excited and the reports only fuel that.

We are trying to decide between Lobster Shanty and Squid Lips, any recommendations would be great. Also, we love pizza any recommendations?

I vote for Squid Lips... We love just being on the water with casual dining. Plus the Fish Finger App is to die for!!!!:cool1:

I've felt like the staff has a certain pride in this resort. That they are part of it. Also - I don't know - but I liked the flatbread sweet sausage pizza from the Green Cabin Room. They have let us take it back to our room, plates, silverware and all. We don't really like going back to Disney after staying here. "Find your happy place" for me is watching the ocean from my balcony at Vero.

Glad to hear you had a great trip. We are looking forward to our first VB trip in October....can't wait :thumbsup2

Our first trip was in October! And they had the pool decorated for Halloween. I LOVED it.

Absolutely adore VB. We've been down for our last 2 Spring Breaks. Won't be going back until Easter break 2011.

Love the glimpse you get of the resort coming over the bridge.

Cast Members there are super! I don't know how many people I heard this past trip tell them that(as compared to the stressed out CM's at the WDW resorts).

We really liked Lobster Shanty, yes the decor looks like it's out of the 1970's, but really liked the food. And yes at Easter, at 45 with kids really brought down the average age of the customers.

Go with the daily specials, my DH isn't the biggest fish fan, but really enjoyed his one dish(some sort of fish with a Hawaiian style sauce). Freshly made corn fritters. Yum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter