• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Back from VB (Cottage) & BWV (2brdm)

Peddler

DVC Veteran
We just got back from a 1 week stay (3days-VB-4 days BWV) finally with some time to sumarize our trip.
Arrived at MCO at 10am got our car from Hertz, used Marriott points, decided to take the Bline to A1A for a nice leisure drive down the coast which was very nice. we did stop at a Walmart along the way for a few things also had a nice lunch at a Friendlys.
We arrived at VB a 3pm it was the day after labor day and the place was desolate. We had to wait till 4:30 for our room as house keeping was over whelmed from all the checkouts.
We got in out cottage at 430pm (bldg 5075) found it to be very clean and in good order.
Our first time in a cottage it was great loved the view and all the extra space.
The weather was great most of the time we were there as we enjoyed the pool every morning as we pretty much had it to ourselves.
we had a nice dinner at Capt hirrams one night and the last night we had the seafood buffete at Shutters which was disapointing and expensive.
Friday we left for BWV but drove up I95 to Daytonna and stopped at the flea market for some tea shirts sun glass's and other fun things.
We then headed accross I4 for BWV's arriving around 2:30pm checked in and were told we couldn't get a BW view which we requested but were instead assigned room's 5018/20 2brm in the corner overlooking the pools.
Once we got over the dissapointment of not getting a BW view we ended up liking the location not to bad of a walk from the elavators and and a good view of MGM and the canal.
High lights of our stay were the quite moments sitting on the boardwalk, very little crowds,breakfast at Bomas, spending sunday afternoon in the ESPN club rooting for the Steelers and a magnificent dinner at the California Grill.
lowlights- Price gauging by Disney on food
souvenours etc has really gotten unreasonable IMHO. We elected not to visit any of the parks which was a first for us.:mad: :bounce: :bounce:

Sounds like a great trip. We are going to VB next April and are really looking forward to it.

As we go to WDW more often, we spend less and less time in the parks. This past Labor Day weekend trip, we only spent a few hours in the morning and maybe going back to see the closing show at Epcot and MGM, that was it.

It turned out to be our best trip. Doing the parks can be stressful at times and there are so many other fun and relaxing things to do around Disney.

Glad you had a nice trip. We will get the chance to check out Vero for one night next April and are really looking forward to it! It sounds like a beautiful place!

Glad you had a good trip...

Could you tell us? How far in advance did you book the beach cottage at Vero?

Beth,
I booked it in April , however the week after labor day is extremly slow.
Vero is becming our favorite resort as it's quite and very easy to walk to the pool, ocean, car and or dinner.

Originally posted by Peddler
Vero is becming our favorite resort as it's quite and very easy to walk to the pool, ocean, car and or dinner.

fing01.gif
sssshhh

Glad you enjoyed your stay at VB.:D

Oh, I love cottage 5075! It is sooo private. I have stayed in that one, as well as have it reqested for April. It used to be even better before they chopped the trees in front.

Glad you enjoyed your stay! :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter