Back from the Rocky 2/3 Wonder

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
We're back from our annual anniversary cruise on the Wonder, and boy was that ship rockin' and rollin'! Fortunately hubby and I are immune to sea sickness, but the dining rooms were empty that first night. It was so wavy that our ice bucket actually fell on the floor.
But that didn't put much of a crimp into our fun. I planned it as a "relaxing" trip, so I spent most of my time in the spa. I even skipped Castaway Cay because it was windy and the Rainforest was more appealing. My husband went on the island for biking, and they were out of kids' bikes/helmets because so many people had the same idea.
We had some incredible meals (don't miss the lasagna special at Palo, and even if you like meat and potatoes, try the vegetarian curries...mmmmmm!). We had our first experience with the Pirates dinner and deck party, which was loads of fun (and seeing Pirate Stitch was an added bonus for me...he and the other "pirate" characters were also out earlier in the atrium for photos).
All in all, a great trip!
Barb

Barb - Glad you had a relaxing trip. We experienced the same high seas on our 1/16 Wonder. People were just running out of the restaurants at dinner time! I've never seen anything thing like it on any of my other cruises.

The great thing is that even with "not perfect" weather, a DCL cruise is amazing! :banana:

Your ice bucket fell on the floor??!!! :scared1:

WOW! Pirate Stitch sounds cute... glad ya'll had a great cruise!

Yep, the bucket went "crash." I was in the spa getting a massage, and some of the items were falling off the counter in there. The sway was more pronounced because it's on deck 9, so I didn't think there would be any effects in our stateroom. When I opened the door, the bucket and ice was all over the carpet, and the lid had broken. A plate we had up there with some fruit on it had fallen and broken too. I couldn't believe it! In 42 cruises, that's the most intense motion I have experienced, but that's always a risk when you sail in Jan./Feb. I just felt sorry for the people who were feeling sea sick. I'm glad I was "born to cruise," with an apparent immunity to the motion.
By the way, we had our "pirate night" while in Animators, so here are the details for anyone who wonders how that works. They do the show with the colors changing and then the music. But the servers don't do the usual parade after that; they do the pirate limbo instead. They also wear pirate garb instead of black and white; it was so strange to walk in there and see the colored napkins on the tables. All of the restaurants have the same menu that night, so you will miss one "regular" menu on the three night. Everyone gets a bandanna, and thankfully the servers will help you don them because I had no idea how to put it on!
Barb

Oh, and mmouse, Art is definitely still there at the port. We told him people were looking for him on the internet :teeth:
He was gone briefly around the time that you sailed, but he is back now.
Barb

Ooops, you're right! You can tell that I'm still in vacation mode (or already dreaming of our next cruise in March).
Barb

Thanks for the report and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I love to read your insights and comments about DCL. You are very kind to share your experiences with us and so lucky to sail so often.

K Barb, you have me salivating over the Vegetable Curry. I LOVE Curry. Was this and the Lasagne you mentioned in Palo at dinner? YUM! 3 weeks and I am counting down!

The lasagna is a special that is not on the regular menu at Palo, so hopefully you will luck into the night it is being served. It is AWESOME, especially considering that I am not a lasagna fan. It has a red and a white sauce, which I love.
The curry items are on the regular menus as vegetarian items. At your first dinner, ask your servers about the curries. The one for the Pirate Menu (a stuffed vegetarian pepper with yellow curry) was so good that I was stealing the sauce from it for my pork (my husband had ordered it).
Barb

We were on the same cruise! I am still rocking! We ate in Parrot Cay the first night and 2 carts with dishes came rolling out of the kitchen and crashed (dishes and all) into the wall near us! We had several people around us not make it to the bathroom :sick: It was the only night I didn't feel well, but my 8yo DD got sick on the last night. This was the worst rocking I've ever experienced.

Sherri

Captain John mentioned 15' waves while we were going through the Florida Straits. That was on our way back Saturday night....it did make it easier for me to dance (since I can't keep a beat) :rotfl2:

inkkognito said:
The lasagna is a special that is not on the regular menu at Palo, so hopefully you will luck into the night it is being served. It is AWESOME, especially considering that I am not a lasagna fan. It has a red and a white sauce, which I love.

Thanks, Barb. Now I'm hungry! :guilty:

:)

Sam

Welcome back and Happy Anniv. We were originally on the 2/3 and changed to the 1/27. Now I am glad. We had great weather and seas. You were, once again, the talk at the captains cocktail party. Need to update the number Barb, they still have you at 40.

Have a great time in March and hopefully better weather and seas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter