• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back from HRH, toooo short a stay

h20jag

<br><font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=m
What a great little trip we just got back from! Capped off the last 4 days by meeting with the incomparable Barry Hom & the deadly-accurate alien killer MIB999999 this A.M.
Yep, I got schooled in the shoot-off. Will be enjoying bug lollipop at a date to be determined later (I'm not one to welsh on a bet, I just couldn't risk bugbreath before climbing behind the wheel to drive home). Had a great time hanging out with these guys, and I'm looking quite forward to the next meet.
Things we "discovered" this trip: 1)Highly recommend a cabana 1/2 day, starting at 3 P.M. Left the parks early; laid down in room; & then pooled till closing both Fri. and Sat. Ordered from Beach Grill and watched football & baseball (Sat. nite had the dive-in movie -"Grease", DD had a blast!) More on this in a TR soon.
2)At IOA, catch the employees wearing the "ambassador" necklaces (like a laminated I.D. hanging on camera strap....with pins up & down it), and you can trade your old Universal pins with them for whichever one you choose (only Uni., not Disney!). Hint- grab $1 pins at Belz Universal Store & trade-up for the latest/greatest ones at IOA. Don't know how long this promotion goes on though.
Wanna say Thanks to Barry & MIB9's, wish it was a Saturday!
More to follow soon!
Jim

Did you miss us? :confused:

Don't know if lying around the pool would be for me though, think beached whale and you get the idea. :D

We look forward to your report. And the eating of the lollipop. Do you want me to send you one from Maui? I saw some similar to the ones Barry ate
except the bug inside was a whole grasshopper! :eek: I would be happy to send you one. But you would have to take a picture!!!!

Did C when anymore derbys? What was her score on MIB?

Aloha,
Donna
:wave:

It was quite a fun day! If I had a can of pork brains, Jim would have gotten it.

I thought MIB999999 was 18 years old. Imagine my surprise!

From now on, MIB999999 will be VIP guest at our future Universal meets. He eats at Mythos virtually every week. They know him by name. It's like "Cheers" when he walks in...they all yell, "Kevin!" :)

Grasshoppers? Pork brains?!
I think I'm cured of my MIB gambling habit now, thanks!
Big C should get to start racing again next month for points. She scored a 273K this morning at MIB! (I haven't even shared the new tips with her that I just learned.)
Jim

The candy bug is overrated anyway. I ate it and I didn't think much of it. I cannot get people to eat the pork brains. I want to know what it tastes like. I am afraid to taste it myself since it has 1000% cholestrol. :eek:

Barry,
I explained to you we cannot eat the pork brains, it is our family award icon. Whenever anyone does something incredibly stupid, they are awarded the pork brains. My grandchildren would cry if we ate the family award. It is irreplacable here in Hawaii. In fact I would suspect that it is hard to find anyplace in America. I am sure you had to search high and low for it. LOL
Donna

Pork BRAINS????

My family only eats the guts.... aka chitterlings! :tongue:

Sounds like you had a great time, Jim. I am sooooo JEALOUS!!

hey, how old IS MIB999999??????

Hi Robin!
Done my share of "chitlins" growing up, I'll go for a bugpop instead! (hardly any expert chitlin cookers around anymore)

MIB999999 is practically old enough to be my older brother!!
Jim

How old is MiB999999? He's got a wife and a 14 year old daughter. Can you guess his age? Maybe we ought to have a contest or make him do the guess the age thing at the Amity games. :)

Originally posted by Barry Hom
How old is MiB999999? He's got a wife and a 14 year old daughter. Can you guess his age? Maybe we ought to have a contest or make him do the guess the age thing at the Amity games. :)

correction: that is a 14 year old GRAND-DAUGHTER:D

OMG! Pork brains...I read that really quick and thought it said pork and beans :rolleyes: .

Jim,

What did enjoy about having the cabana?

Glad you had fun. I'm looking forward to the trip report!

Originally posted by Molokai Gram
Barry,
In fact I would suspect that it is hard to find anyplace in America. I am sure you had to search high and low for it. LOL
Donna

You need to take a trip through the south. Pig brains can be found in many stores. Maybe not Florida, but SC,NC,GA....gives me the chills just thinking about it.

Jim,
Sounds like a great trip! Gotta look into that cabana now! Sounds great:) I hope they are still doing the Dive-In too.....sounds like a lot of fun. So who exactly is the proud holder of this bug pop? And...what kinda bugs?:eek:
Trip report!! Please:)

Hi Renee & JR!
I'm slow at the TR, so here's a quickie!
By 3 P.M. each day, we were ready for some chill-out time. Cabanas each have a T.V. atop a mini-fridge w/ sodas & water. You have table w/ 4 chairs and a ceiling fan/lite also. Directly in front of you are 2 lounge chairs on a small patio designated for you.
My favorite part was being served by the BeachClub for dinner! Did keep a few of my own specialty drinks in the fridge, that kept the dinner bill way down too.
We had a couple good Scrabble matches (we carry a travel version most everywhere) and some very low-stake poker games. I broke down and opened my HRH cards this time!

Cabanas 1 & 2 are nearest to the BeachClub.
3,4,5,6 are over by the towel tent. *Note- Sat. nite for dive-in movie, #6 was the popcorn / soda stand. We were in #5 and they needed our fridge outlet. We got free drinks & popcorn & ice from them the rest of nite.
7,8,9,10 are by the beach area, behind lifeguard stand. The dive-in movie screen was set up about where lifeguard stand sits and faces toward #1 & #2
All cabanas' flaps can be slid open & tied off as necessary.

DW isn't as fond of pools & sun as DD and I are. It really floated her boat to have these little amenities so we could all hang out together!
Hope this helps ya'll out some! Have a great time there JR!!
Jim

Oh, pool stays open later on Fri. & Sat.!!!

Thanks Jim! You sure do your homework:D Great info on cabana's they sound perfect for my family! Now I just have to pick up a travel Scrabble! I also love the idea of having dinner served ...good thinking! Thank you for the great idea's...gonna borrow a few;)

On another note why hitting the pool in P.M....
Sat. at 1 P.M. was our first contemplation of riding Ripsaw & Popeye. I swear, it would've been a 30 min. wait even with FOTL. All paper Expresses were heavily used at this time cause it was sooo hot. The weekdays should still be ideal though. Also, a large part of why it was crowded was the fact of the Fiesta Caliente celebration this past week-end. I didn't expect such a nice turn-out for this!
To make up for skipping them, I told DD I'd do my best Popeye & Dudley impersonations before she went down the HRH slide!
Jim

Originally posted by nhrenee
OMG! Pork brains...I read that really quick and thought it said pork and beans :rolleyes: .

If I gave out pork and beans, I would have to stand downwind from the lowest scorer. :)

As for pork brains, Winn Dixie is the only place I've seen have them. It's next to the other junk meats, like Spam and Vienna Sausages.

Jim,

Thanks for the info. We are planning on staying a week next year, cant wait to hang around in a cabana. Our trip was only 4 days, definately, not long enough.

Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter