Back from Grand Opening of Disney Store Outlet

wendyl

<font color=green>Fonzie jumped the shark and danc
Any of you who used to enjoy making a trip to and saving money at the Disney Catalog outlet in Pigeon Forge / Sevierville TN---I have to warn you about the new store:

They just changed the Disney CATALOG Outlet to Disney STORE outlet. I have to tell you-- it is in NO way an outlet store now. It was a nice store, with cute Disney merchandise and nice people--but NOT an outlet. Their merchandise is all priced as regular Disney Store merchandise. They had a few sale racks in the back of t-shirts, towels and bathing suits, and a few "specials" like buy 1 at $15 and 2 at $25--but everything else is priced at regular retail. I asked a lady working there about it---she said they are part outlet and part regular store. I asked which part was outlet--she pointed to the few items marked on sale. Well...every retail store has sale items and items marked down, but that doesn't make them an outlet. Some of their costumes were even marked HIGHER than the same ones in the Disney Catalog!!!

Just a friendly warning so you know what to expect. I DID get to eat at the Apple Barn Restaurant--so the trip was still worth it!!!

Love your signature Wendyl! I'm a closet Fonzie fan! (well, guess not any more ;) )

I know, I LOVE The Apple Barn--those fritters......(insert drool smiley here--Or Homer simpson)

poohj80 said:
Love your signature Wendyl! I'm a closet Fonzie fan! (well, guess not any more ;) )

I see a new tag in your future! :rotfl:

Thanks for sharing. We loved the old one in Pigeon Forge. When DS was little we even got great deals on Thomas the Tank engines there--which weren't even Disney. They carried a wide variety of things and the merchandise changed daily. We loved going to check them out. It was a highlight to our Pigeon Forge trips. So sorry to hear they have changed.

OH NO!!

My father and step-mother bought a condo in Gatlinburg, so we all spend time up there together, and I just found the Disney outlet last year. I was looking so forward to going again this year.

We found so many great deals!

Well, at least there is still the Apple Barn! We love it too!

That makes me so sad. We loved the Disney Outlet, and have gotten some great buys there in the past. We only live an hour away from the mountains. But as for the Apple Barn next time try the fried apple pies. They are the best! :love:

Same thing happened at the "outlet" in Rehoboth, DE. It closed for a few weeks and changed from a Disney Catalog Outlet to a Disney Store Outlet. It just opened a couple of days ago. Sis went and had some of the same thoughts - prices not so great, Catalog Outlet much better deals, etc. The Catalog Outlet used to ask for you mailing info and sent coupons (with significant savings) on a regular basis. They did not take mailing info (just phone number) and said they would probably only have about 2 sales a year. What a bummer!

I warned you! My hubby is a now ex disney catalog outlet CM. He would not go back after the change. He was at the Va. store for almost 8 years and will miss his fellow CMs, the merchandise, but most of all, his regular customers.

Bummer- I guess all the catalog overstock will be on Disney Deals.com now.
I loved the catalog outlet.

n2mm said:
I warned you! My hubby is a now ex disney catalog outlet CM. He would not go back after the change. He was at the Va. store for almost 8 years and will miss his fellow CMs, the merchandise, but most of all, his regular customers.

I hate to hear that. Why did they decide to do this?? Why was Disney Catalog willing to sell out to the Children's place?? Did he leave because he didn't like the way they were going to do things?? I wonder how many of the regular CM's that were at the TN store before will stay there much longer--they have to be unhappy with the new prices and product line. I'm hoping that if enough of us past "regulars" start to complain--that maybe they will start treating their stores like "outlets". I prefer Disney Catalog to Disney Store--but would be OK with the change if it was actually still an outlet.

I just can't imagine the average "outlet" shopper going into that store and being willing to pay those prices.

We'll see I guess!!

sammielynn said:
But as for the Apple Barn next time try the fried apple pies. They are the best! :love:

OH MY GOSH--you are WICKED. Fried pies........I had no idea....mmmmmm!! I'll blame you next time I'm back there.

Totally OT here, but reading all those posts about the Apple Barn made me remember our trips to the Smoky's and my favorite restaurant, The Old Mill. If you guys haven't eaten there, you should! We've done breakfast and lunch and they are both awesome meals!

Jen

I have to agree, my favorite place to eat in Pigeon Forge is without a doubt the Old Mill Restaurant!! It is sooo good. We make several trips to Pigeon Forge each year and we always make a trip to the Old Mill. YUMMY!!!
The Apple Barn is a close 2nd though ;)

Thanks.

I was in there Sat and was SO disappointed. Now I know not to waste my time.

I hate the Disney stores. NOT all Disney fans are 8!

We just got back from Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge today! We didn't get to Apple Barn, but we had a fun time. It was DD's birthday, and we saw the Chinese Acrobat show, did the Aquarium and Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum, and ate at Log Cabin Pancake House a couple of times. It was a beautiful, sunny weekend.

I didn't know there was a Disney Store outlet there! Even the "new-and-not-improved" one would have been fun to look around in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter