back from ASMo.... some thoughts

mickeymousefan

loving life in the Lone Star state
My family and I spent 5 nights at ASMo. It was me 30, DH 37 and two DD's ages 2 and 4.

We love this hotel. I love the bright colors and the large icons and the beautiful landscaping. To me... it is so Disney.

Check in was great. We had a CM named May who was very friendly and helpful. She gave the girls balloons, which made their day after the 18 hour drive to get there.

We did not like the food court on our last trip and had no intention of eating there on this trip. We did wind up ordering a pizza and it was marginal. We left half of it in the box on the table in our room (to save it for a snack) and the maid threw it away. I called the front desk to ask why the maid would throw away half a pizza SITTING ON A TABLE (not near the garbage) and I got "sorry, she probably thought it was garbage... what do you want us to do about it". I think they could of at least offered us a discount on another pizza or something, but they didnt. Now what also made me mad about the whole thing was that the first morning we put the "do not disturb" card in the lock and the maid cleaned our room anyway and took our "do not disturb" card and didnt replace it. So the maid shouldnt have even been in our room !!!!

Anyway, my two girls love the kiddie pool. It is cute and shallow enough that I dont have to worry about them accidentally going under.

The refill mug is a great deal. I got to the food court at 6:00 am every mornong for a coffee fill. Once I got my coffee I took a nice morning walk around the whole resort. It was so peaceful and quiet. It seemed like I was the only one awake at that time each morning.

The buses are great. We had a few minor waits, but most of the time it seemed liked the bus was pulling up right as we got to the stop. We did share with the other AS resorts except for the buses to MK, we had that one just for ASMo.

Our room was in the Mighty Ducks section. It was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Unfortunately, the rooms are starting to get small for our family. Since I have decided that it is OK to leave the parks in the afternoon and take a break and a swim, we spent more time in our room than we did last year. It would be nice if the rooms were a little bigger and had something comfortable to sit on besides the bed.

I think for the price, this is a great place to stay. It is colorful and fun and filled with lots of families.

Dispite the few glitches, we had a great time.

mickeymousefan,

My family (myself, DW, DD4, DS1) plan on staying there next time we go. Did you say that you had your own bus from the hotel to MK? It was not shared with any other hotel? Also, did the room come with two queens? As for your comment about some place to sit, you mean they didn't provide a chair in the room?

cmonroe, I'm booked at ASMo for the first time.
They do not have queen beds, they are doubles.
A (very) few rooms have one king bed.
Every room has a small dresser w/few drawers,
TV (not large), and a small table & 2 chairs.

Ugh, you'd eat left-over pizza that wasn't refrigerated? I think you should thank the maid for saving you from food poisoning!

cmonroe,
Yes we had our own bus to MK. That was the only park we did not share a bus to with the other All Stars. I noticed at the bus stops at the parks, that the MK was the only one with seperate waiting cues for each All Star resort. All the other parks lumped all the All Star resorts into one cue. However, I think on our trip in Dec 2003, we didnt share any buses at all. Maybe it is determined by day of week and crowds at the parks.
As for the comment about a place to sit, they have a small table with two hard/wooden chairs. I would have liked a chair that was more comfortable to sit in.
The beds are two doubles. I dont know how old your youngest will be when you go, but you can get a portable crib for the room. It does take up some space though.
Have fun ....... the kids will love the resort.

oh schmeck.... I wasnt trying to get food poisoning. I was just upset that the maid came into our room and was throwing things away. I feel funny having strange people in my room with all my stuff when I am not there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter