Back From 1 Night at Poly!

Seahunt

DIS Veteran
We have never been to Disney just for the weekend before - our trips were usually 4-7 days in the past, but having recently moved to Florida, we thought it was time to try a weekend stay. We booked with Dreams Unlimited (Susan Haass) for the first time, and were amazed at their service, especially for a one night stay! Was it worth going for just Saturday/Sunday? Yes, yes, yes! We got to do everything we wanted to do, made it to all the parks plus revisited all the hotels we wanted to see in the two days. Especially good when Saturday night was E ride night at MK! We even had lunch at Cindy's without a PS and just a 30 minute wait! We picked a garden room at the Poly for a Florida resident rate of $222 (included tax), and were very happy with 2042 in the Tahiti building. Very spacious, quiet, non smoking, looked out at a pretty garden, close to the TTC and the Ferry Boat, with a special birthday cake surprise arranged for me from DU - another example of their fine service! It was VERY hot, and Disney was selling plenty of the little water bottles topped by a small fan @ $20 a pop, so buy before you hit the park and save some $. Another hint - if it is so hot that you could fry an egg on the sidewalk DON'T buy anything made from ice cream! We saw so many people holding dripping, sticky cones rushing to hurry up and swallow them down, and lots of kids with melted Mickey ice cream bars from the top of their heads to their shoes! Also, be careful at AK's "It's Tough to be a Bug" show - the signs outside say that some smaller children will be scared by the sounds, etc. and we saw MANY parents carrying their screaming children out during the show. Have never seen that before though, so maybe the heat had already just worn them out, or we just hadn't been seated beside so many of the really young kids before! (The older ones loved it) Anyway, the Disney magic is there even if you only have time for a short trip - and the Poly is still an extra special place.

Glad you had a great time !!!!

You'll have to let me know how you got everything done in 2 days.
We've been going for the last 5 years and still haven't gotten to do everything we wanted..lol

How did you feel about having a GV room??
I would like to book the poly for our trip next year but am already debating if it is worth it to spend the extra $$$$$ on a lagoon view.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. We stayed there too last September for 4 nights and loved it.

Living so close to Disney makes it easy to just go for the weekend! We leave today for 3 nights at the ASMo and then were going back Memorial Day weekend for a 2 night stay at the Contemporary.

But I am so looking forward to a day at the Poly again. It is AWESOME!!

Dansyr - I know your hesitation about the GV view, because I am kind of a "view" person too! This GV was a first for me, because I always booked a great view before and had even tried to get a Contemporary Tower w/MK view this time (not available), but since we were only going for one night this time I bit the bullet and went with the GV. I had even asked about concierge, but it was $200 more and I wondered if it would be worth $200 more for just one day! It was funny, but I realized that I only missed the view when we first walked in the room - after that, we were gone to the parks and didn't return until late night, and Sunday morning we were up and gone again, so really, I guess the view is now not as important to me as location would be in the future! I guess now it's like, are you going to LOOK out, or BE out?! The Tahiti building has wonderful rooms and is close to the TTC,(worked out great for us this time) but is quite a walk to the Grand Ceremonial House, so at the Poly next time I'd be sure on my plans and pick a convenient building to them. We've been to the Beach Club, Poly (x3), Contemporary (x3), Grand Floridian (x2), and after visiting resorts this time want to try the Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Boardwalk Inn next!

Glad you enjoyed your trip. I envy you being close enough for a one-day trip.
And hey, SOMEBODY has to use the back side of Tahiti! I'd be happy with it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter