BABYCAKES : for those looking for it at DTD

That sounds so awesome! One more question, do you have any baked goods that are safe for peanut/tree nut allergies? So hard to find in DTD :upsidedow

We do not bake with peanuts, and to our knowledge, none of our vendors use peanuts in their facilities. However, we do bake with coconut oil and coconut milk. Since coconut is not classified as a tree nut, we are unable to call ourselves "nut-free." In addition to this, the flours we use are packaged on equipment that also packages almond flour, hazelnut flour, and soy flour. They do power wash the machinery and discard the first 30 lbs between runs.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask!

Does anyone know what kind of donuts they have? We are going in April and would love a good vegan donut. That is one thing we have kinda missed since going vegan.

Ms.Emily- I got some goodies there yesterday, Ms.Brandi was so helpful & friendly! Everything was delicious! My favorite was the chocolate chip cookie sandwich with vanilla frosting! But everything was good! I got- The cookie sandwhich, a cookie, a lemon cupcake top, red velvet cupcake, 2 brownie bites, 2 donuts! Loved the pink carry out box as well! This is my new "must stop at" place before we head back home each trip! My non-vegan son & husband really loved everything too, and they are use to traditional sweets!

Even if they were the allergen free cupcakes she was referring to, that's not a good sign. We've had plenty of "allergen" free cakes/cupcakes that have been delicious!

I know there are good allergy free cakes, I was just thinking the poster may have thought they were regular non allergen free cakes. I was not implying that all allergen free doesn't taste good. Just thought they may have misunderstood about the type of cake it was.

I was excited to figure out where they were.

Less excited when we actually tasted them. :( Each of us had barely half of our cupcake and couldn't stand to eat more. :sad1: Sorry Emily.

Did you know these are allergen free cupcakes and not regular ones? That may be why they weren't as tasty if you expected them to be regular. Just a thought.:)

Even if they were the allergen free cupcakes she was referring to, that's not a good sign. We've had plenty of "allergen" free cakes/cupcakes that have been delicious!

I know there are good allergy free cakes, I was just thinking the poster may have thought they were regular non allergen free cakes. I was not implying that all allergen free doesn't taste good. Just thought they may have misunderstood about the type of cake it was.

Gluten free product tend to have a different texture than regular baked goods. If you're not used to the texture of gluten free baked goods then that texture could be very off-putting. Some types of baked goods lend themselves better to having a more normal texture when done with gluten free flours than others. Denser cakes like carrot cake or spice cake and even a denser chocolate cake will seem more normal than maybe a yellow or white cake. The more delicate the type of cake or flavour, the more "off" the cake will seem when baked with gluten free flours.

Does anyone know where I can find the ingredients?

I have fructose intollerance as well as gluten, egg, etc and I'm hoping very very much that the vanilla ones might be fructose free :wizard::wizard::wizard:

I haven't had cake or really any type of baked goods in years :eek:

Does anyone know where I can find the ingredients?

I have fructose intollerance as well as gluten, egg, etc and I'm hoping very very much that the vanilla ones might be fructose free :wizard::wizard::wizard:

I haven't had cake or really any type of baked goods in years :eek:

:eek: In years? Oh my.. here is the link to babycakes ingredients page. Hopefully the Orlando manager will pop back on here and answer your question but maybe this will help in the meantime!

http://www.babycakesnyc.com/about-our-ingredients.html

:goodvibes

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I won't be able to have their products as it is sweetened with agave nectar that is very high in fructose :sad1:

Oh no... :( That's unfortunate. Maybe they have something without that you can eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter