Baby PatchChild's Surprise

:wizard: lots of PD to you and your family! They will be supportive. The anticipation is always the worst part of news...good or bad.

Little Owen is blessed to have been born into such a great family, as you are so blessed to be given such a sweet boy.

Sending :grouphug: your way! It will all work out--you have such a great attitude and are doing all you can for your son!

I agree with everything everyone else has said. Your attitude will make a HUGE difference in how this affects the rest of your lives. And you have great attitude!!
Much Pixie Dust to you, DH & Owen!!

Pixie dust comin' your way!!:tinker:

Have you checked to see if thee is an agency through your state that might help cover his hearing aids? My daughter has Spina Bifida and we have a great agency in Illinois that helps pay for co-pays and medical equipment.

It would be worth it!! Don't you :rolleyes: love:rolleyes: (very sarcastically) insurance companies? We have had some that pay for anti biotics every month for urinary tract infections, but not for catheters to prevent them!!!

Good luck with everything!!

Just wanted to say hi ... :wave2: and then also send some hugs and pixie dust your way ... :grouphug: :wizard: :pixiedust:

I'm not sure if either of these questions have been asked and/or suggestions made: Do you or your DH have a flexible spending account through either of your jobs. It is a reimbursable expense. One of my coworkers contributed the max amount you can towards her to help cover her hearing aids. It may not help with this first set, but it will definitely help down the road. Her doctor also mentioned that there is state help available you may want to look in to that.

It's nice that you found out early and now have great resources to be able to help him. Everything will work out fine with the positive attitude you have.

Sending you good thoughts. Like everyone else has said, it will work out and it could be worse. Just keep up that good spirit and I'm sure your family will all be there for you. :wizard:

Poor little tot! But lucky to have great parents to help through :wizard: :grouphug:

My DS(7) had this test when he was tiny - he was lucky, his hearing was fine, but I know all the worries around this and can't imagine I'd have coped as well as you if the outcome had been different.

Would your local Rotary or similar organisation sponsor his hearing aids?

Pixie dust to you and yours. Congratulations on your new son! Sounds like you have a good attitude and a level head. Just knowing what resources are available is 1/2 the battle. You will do just fine.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter