Baby Book / Album Question

Kristi1357

DIS Veteran
I am finally getting around to starting DS's baby book - he's only almost 3, ya know... :blush:

Anyway, I am trying to decide what exactly to put in his book. Do I just do his first year? Or maybe first 2/3 years so I can include his first haircut, potty training, etc.? Or (if it fits) maybe put alot of his first year(s), then a few pages of highlights from each year after that?

My plan was that this someday be given to him when he's an adult. I will also be scrapping some of his baby pics into our regular family albums.

What would you do, or have done?

Kristi,
There are no right or wrong ways to scrapbook. I'm sorry....pretty much no help to you!

What you could do is start the album and let the album decide what it will be. Sounds sort of corny, yes. As long as you get a post bound album, you can move things around and if you get moving and do lots of pages, maybe it will be a 4 month book or a year book or whatever.
So you aren't overwhelmed, another way to conquer the album is to do a full year with just 12 double layouts! This is really fun and it's great as an addition to the other albums you do (or if you just don't have time to scrapbook much). Each month you do a double layout. Include milestones and fun photos, but don't forget to have a journal handy to jot down important dates.

You will love scrapbooking. Another thing, try going to scrapbook stores or find a consultant who has FREE crops.

Welcome to our cult, er, hobby!
Kitty :cat:

Thanks Kitty!

The double layout idea sounds cool. I just keep going back & forth about how I want to do his book. I know I am obsessing a little about it, and should just get to it already! My problem is always not being able to cut down the amount of pics I put in an album. I always feel like I have to put every single picture I took in. I am getting much better about that though.

I have been scrapping for awhile. I just have been doing alot more lately - now that I am making myself go to at least one crop a month.

I finally am done with those awful CM albums. I used to think it was great to scrap right onto the page - how wrong was that?! In fact, I am not even going to use the CM baby album I bought for him when I was pregnant. I went out and bought the new album I'd been eyeing yesterday.

I have pictures of him every month sitting with his giant stuffed Mickey - that layout is going to be alot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter