• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Babies,Hats,and Sunscreen!!

tink2dw

Pixie Dust or Bust!!
My grand-dd was 13 mo.s when we went to WDW!!

1.There are no hats with ties in WDW!![except for newborns??:confused: ] If you want a little one to wear a hat ,get one with ties before you leave for Disney World!! also little sunglasses with all the protections,they are so close to the pavement in stroller the sun is blinding!

2. Coppertone makes a gel spf 30 waterproof Sunblock that works better than even the Baby creme ones. The gel dries instatantly and Doesn't run into little eyes,even if they sweat!!
My Dd[14] hated it because it worked so well she didn't even get a tan!! Usually she tans thru the spf 30 creme. Even Dh's ears didn't burn and they always do with the creme sunblocks!!

My daughter was 11 mos. old first time we took her to Disney. All the ties in the world wouldn't keep any hat on her. This time my son was 2 and 1/2 and on his hat rebellion. The only good thing that I can say is that the rental strollers offer pretty good shade as do any of the indoor rides. I would do outdoor attractions very early in the A.M. or in the evening to keep the kids from getting too much sun.

We were just there a few weeks ago. I'll have to try the Coppertone gel, but I found that the regular Coppertone 30 wasn't strong enough for the Florida sun at this time of year. I managed to tan and sunburn with it. I found that even with 45 I was still tanning, although not burning.

We used Coppertone Kids Sport SPF 30 on our kids and it worked great! One of my complaints with the kids sunblocks is their often so thick and creamy it's hard to apply. This stuff was great! My 6 yr old never burns anyway (wasn't taking chances in the FL sun though), but my 3 yr old is very fair and does burn easily. He didn't burn at all wearing this stuff, nothing not even his ears. And believe me, we were out in the sun alot! I highly recommend it.

Also, on hats: my kids never ever wanted to wear hats before. I bought them each baseball caps before we left and sunglasses with hope they would wear them but not really expecting them to. They didn't like the glasses, but they always wore their caps - they wanted to. They realized very quickly how much the hat helps with keeping the sun out of their eyes and keeping their heads cooler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter