[B]Anyone heard of Zonder???[/B]

SarahD

DIS Veteran
I'm looking to rent either a couple of condos or a five or six bedroom house in February. It needs to be handicapped accessible. I have found some really good rates on zonder.com but haven't heard of it before. I've used Villa Direct before nad been very happy with them, but you can't search their properties very easily for accessible properties. Can anyone help?

I have heard of Zonder. It is an advertising portal like Homeaway or VRBO. It is not a management company like VillaDirect.

--Kay

Hi, might try posting on the Disabilties board here. Folks there might have some good ideas. FYI, my background is rehab and we owned a home that rented out by the week.

Most homes I would describe as psuedo accessible. usually a step up to get in, large bathrooms but not wheel-in showers or toilets that allow a side transfer. If your guest with a disability can do their own toilet transfers and at least able to step into a shower many homes will work for you as long as you make sure there is a small chair to put in a glassed-in shower. I would be careful to double check and ask lots of questions if someone says the home is "handicap accessible. As you know, to many folks this means you can get a wheelchair through the doors and that is about it.

A quick search of "wheelchair accessible Disney Homes" brought up this page among others. Looks like this search on google will give you lots to look through. http://www.alwaysonvacation.com/cit...do/House+Rentals/Disability+Access/47500.html

Good Luck...Ted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter