• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Awful horrible service pop century

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinkerbellTris

DIS Veteran
i am beyond appalled at the horrific service at Pop century during check in. We had our bags held at 10am. Came back to retrieve our bags and check in at 2:50pm, it’s now 3:21pm and no one knows where our bags are. Check in was rough, I reported both cast members who are beyond rude during check in, I’m confused how the check in works on the ap, after complaining to a supervisor that both cast members refuse to listen to my issue of not being able to check in, finally I got a very lame apology and rushed thru check in with no exploration as to why the check in on the ap doesn’t work. Pop century, this is our first and last stay here. The rudest cast members ever.

You could have done online check in basically when you booked your trip.
Not sure why you were trying to do it while lyou were already there.
Why wouldn't you have just walked up to the check in counter and checked in?
Who did you leave your bags with? You should have taken them to bell services and then retrevied them.
Where your bags located? Were they placed in your room for you? That is generally not the case but who knows.
Seems like there's something more to this story.
Seems crazy that you'd go off on people reporting them.
Seems like you're wasting your time by coming on here to complain when you've just arrived at Disney.

iam wondering if you think because you checked in online that means the room is ready? Rooms are not guaranteed to be ready until 4pm. Where did you leave your bags?

No it said to come at 3pm and the room would be ready. We finally got the text, now it was the bags missing issue. They found them at 3:55pm. It’s just very stressful.

i am beyond appalled at the horrific service at Pop century during check in. We had our bags held at 10am. Came back to retrieve our bags and check in at 2:50pm, it’s now 3:21pm and no one knows where our bags are. Check in was rough, I reported both cast members who are beyond rude during check in, I’m confused how the check in works on the ap, after complaining to a supervisor that both cast members refuse to listen to my issue of not being able to check in, finally I got a very lame apology and rushed thru check in with no exploration as to why the check in on the ap doesn’t work. Pop century, this is our first and last stay here. The rudest cast members ever.

You could have done online check in basically when you booked your trip.
Not sure why you were trying to do it while lyou were already there.
Why wouldn't you have just walked up to the check in counter and checked in?
Who did you leave your bags with? You should have taken them to bell services and then retrevied them.
Where your bags located? Were they placed in your room for you? That is generally not the case but who knows.
Seems like there's something more to this story.
Seems crazy that you'd go off on people reporting them.
Seems like you're wasting your time by coming on here to complain when you've just arrived at Disney.

I agree with @Queen of the WDW Scene ....

Why didn't you check in at 10 am when you arrived?
You might have gotten your room then and dropped your own luggage?
Or room assigned after and they delivered your luggage while you were out?

I also don't understand why you are using the app to check in, likely too late ...
When you check in on app before arrival (not day of) the card is charged early in am.
If you don't check in before your day, just get in the line to check in, anytime after 6 am.
You likely missed the window to use the app.

NOTE: Online check in does not guarantee a text to room, sometimes you still go to desk but at least a shorter line.

You are there at the busiest time for check ins during the day.
Lines will be long. CMs will be stretched.
Bag services will be swamped with some out delivering.
And honestly most folks don't get their luggage for hours.

I thought I was going to open and hear about long lines at the food court .....

What is happening is normal 3-5 pm at check in
for a resort with 2900 rooms,
and is very popular, so high occupancy.
It's why online check in BEFORE arrival can be helpful.

Hope the rest of your trip goes well! :earsboy:

No it said to come at 3pm and the room would be ready. We finally got the text, now it was the bags missing issue. They found them at 3:55pm. It’s just very stressful.

So basically your main issue was that you did online check in and felt entitled for your room to be ready and it wasn't ready until when they are required to make sure its ready?
Hope you enjoy your trip.

So basically your main issue was that you did online check in and felt entitled for your room to be ready and it wasn't ready until when they are required to make sure its ready?

No need to be so nasty/sarcastic. Unless you were there with her you have no idea if the CMs were rude to OP, where her bags are or what her stress level is.

I'm really sorry you had such a negative experience during your trip - that is something that nobody wants to experience. Unfortunately, this can happen at any resort so I wouldn't write one off based on one negative experience.

I do agree with others, online check in could have saved you some of those headaches here, though at the point in time you were attempting to do so I would have just checked in at the resort. It's very possible your room could have been ready early.

I'm also curious to know where your bags ended up?

Sorry you had a bad experience. We've stayed at Pop 3 times already this year, with an upcoming trip in December, and we've received nothing but great service. Hopefully the rest of your trip is smoother sailing...

I would be annoyed too if I had the text to check in and then they couldn't find my bags. Sorry you had such a bad start. Hopefully things go better for you.

Fwiw, I found the CMs at the Pop to be some of the best. Hopefully you ran into a couple who were out of sorts and the rest of them will be as nice as I know they can be.

Rooms are supposed to be ready starting at 3pm, not 4pm. 4pm is for DVC reservations.

And, it sounds like the online check-in didn't actually work. This has been my experience EVERY TIME. I always fully complete the online check in, but I always STILL have to go through the whole check in process at a desk with a CM, literally every time. I have taken at least 10 trips since MDE was launched and online check-in has never worked for me. It's super annoying to spend time making sure you complete online check-in only to have to stand there while a CM clicks away at a keyboard and goes through all the same stuff again with you, like you never did it at all.

Rooms are supposed to be ready starting at 3pm, not 4pm. 4pm is for DVC reservations.

And, it sounds like the online check-in didn't actually work. This has been my experience EVERY TIME. I always fully complete the online check in, but I always STILL have to go through the whole check in process at a desk with a CM, literally every time. I have taken at least 10 trips since MDE was launched and online check-in has never worked for me. It's super annoying to spend time making sure you complete online check-in only to have to stand there while a CM clicks away at a keyboard and goes through all the same stuff again with you, like you never did it at all.
It isn't guaranteed ready, says will be ready starting at.

Last time I was at Pop I came home after a day at the parks and found someone else's bags had been delivered to my room while I was out. Same last name as mine, different first name. I have no idea how long those people were missing their bags! Unfortunately this stuff happens.

It isn't guaranteed ready, says will be ready starting at.

I know that, but for people new to Disney, they may not. Most larger national hotel chains have rooms ready prior to or as close as possible to check in time. Disney is the only place I've had to wait beyond check in time for a room. It's super annoying that Disney is like that. We had to wait until almost 4pm for a club level room in July and we had arrived at 1pm and made it known way ahead of time that we would like our room as soon as possible, as we were not doing parks that day and were moving from another resort. They were "cleaning the room" for THREE HOURS. That's ridiculous. Check out time is 11am. There should be no reason why all rooms are not ready promptly by 3pm. If I am paying for my room from 3pm to 11am the next day, I expect to have access to it that whole time, otherwise, they should have to prorate the room when it's not ready by 3.

I know that, but for people new to Disney, they may not. Most larger national hotel chains have rooms ready prior to or as close as possible to check in time. Disney is the only place I've had to wait beyond check in time for a room. It's super annoying that Disney is like that. We had to wait until almost 4pm for a club level room in July and we had arrived at 1pm and made it known way ahead of time that we would like our room as soon as possible, as we were not doing parks that day and were moving from another resort. They were "cleaning the room" for THREE HOURS. That's ridiculous. Check out time is 11am. There should be no reason why all rooms are not ready promptly by 3pm. If I am paying for my room from 3pm to 11am the next day, I expect to have access to it that whole time, otherwise, they should have to prorate the room when it's not ready by 3.

It's in your booking email, it says it. People who have never been and didn't thoroughly read the fine print, can't really blame Disney. Doing your research is critical, and it definitely says it in the email.

I am beyond appalled at the horrific service at Pop century during check in. We had our bags held at 10am. Came back to retrieve our bags and check in at 2:50pm, it’s now 3:21pm

I sympathize with less-than-smooth starts - but I gotta take issue with "horrific" which is over the top to describe a pretty minor incident. Annoying? Aggravating? Frustrating? Definitely. Horrific should be reserved for serious crimes, injuries, accidents, diseases that change or end people's lives. Terrible tragedies.

POP temporarily misplaced your bags (not cool) but recovered them less than 60 minutes later. They should have apologized - maybe thrown a FP your way. But airlines lose luggage for days or weeks, ruining many people's trips.

You had a couple of rude CMs - it happens to all of us at some point. Maybe they were screamed at by the last few guests who were being total jerks - or stuck with a nasty supervisor on their shift. Unfortunately, you were unlucky enough to be their next customer.

I know that when you're feeling stressed, every little moehill feels like Mount Everest - I've been there and way overreacted to some minor things, just due ot fatigue, hangry, etc. I do hope all goes smoother and you enjoy your trip, so that you can put this slightly bumpy start in a bit better perspective.

There's a saying "bad beginnings lead to good endings" - many a trip started out badly for me and ended up being one of the best.:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter