Awesome room & trip to HHI

cgcw

<font color=cc0099>On the blinkie Crocs foot-fetis
We just returned tonight from our week at HH. :( We all wish we were still there.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom, building 31, 1st floor, room 3121. Although I had requested a second floor, the CM upon check-in kind of talked us into taking the first floor. As it wasn't that big of a deal, we did.

Imagine our surprise when we walked into an awesome unobstructed view of Broad Creek. :teeth: Just recently, they trimmed down all of the trees in front of the balcony to about 3 feet high.

We sat outside enjoying the view for hours at a time. Saw dolphins swimming in the creek. We watched the boats come and go from Shelter Cove. We sat our on balcony to see the fireworks. It was the best view we have ever had there. If the trees had not be cut down, I'm fairly certain we wouldn't have seen much of the creek.

We didn't dine out much -- just Salty Dog which is our DS9's favorite. Other than that, we cooked all meals in our villa. Didn't miss dining out a bit.

We did the beach combing & fishing trips arranged through Disney. Captain Scott took us out on both and as in the past, we were not disappointed. We collected a lot of sand dollars out at Dufuskie Island. We kept about 30 which were no longer alive and rescued many by tossing them back in. There was a portion of the beach where there were so many star fish washing up we couldn't even take a step without almost stepping on them. We helped rescue them also.

Fishing was the highlight of our trip. Although expensive, $300 for the 4 of us, we will definately do this again. DS9 had the lucky pole. Lots of sharks caught probably 12"-3'. Even DS4 was able to pull in the small sharks. But, the most awesome catch was the rays. DS9 caught 2 bull nosed rays - one was probably 5' in length. The BIG catch of the day was the sting ray he caught which Capt. Scott estimated to be about 80# & 7' wide. That thing was humungous!!!

Looking forward to returning again next summer. :D

Great report, thanks.

Is Capt Scott the same guy as Low-Country Adventures?

Also how long is the fishing trip? And is this a morning / afternoon, early eve excursion? Also, did your 4-yr-old really hang in there the whole time?

Thanks,

Yes, Scott is Low Country Dolphin Tours. Scott now has the contract with Disney to do their outings.

My DS4 did great on the fishing trip. I believe it lasts 3 1/2 hours. My boys are very hands on -- loved to see the bait fish -- both inside and out :eek: . Scott had my little guy throwing the fish in. And, the little sharks follow the bait as the pole is being reeled in -- my DS thought this was great fun.

The time seemed to be about right. DS4 was more than willing to call it a day by the time we were done. We went out at 9 am. I think the fishing can be done at any time of day. It's just a bit cooler in the AM.

Next summer, DS9 wants to go fishing twice. At $300 for the 4 of us each trip, we'll have to start saving now. I know it will be worth the $$'s spent.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing!! Can't wait to go back in May!

Allison an associate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter