Avoiding the strange walk in the park-asking about undergarments.

Discussion in 'DIS Dads' started by DisneyNewbieDad, Jul 21, 2017.

?

What undergarment is best for the park?

1. Boxer

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  2. Boxer brief

20 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. Brief

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Doesn't matter

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. Other

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. DisneyNewbieDad

DisneyNewbieDad Earning My Ears

At the risk of being too personal, I wanted to get some wisdom from the group regarding undergarments. o_O I am usually a boxer guy, but am wondering if boxer briefs may make walking around more comfortable and less discourage chaffing. Any advice or tips? Thanks.

2. IamTrike

IamTrike DIS Veteran

Boxer briefs for me help with Chafing. I also use Body Glide, but there are other anti chafing agents that you can apply. For example Gold Bond Makes a sprayable powder and there are other sticks/ roll ons that are available from Amazon, running stores or other sporting good stores.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. SGMCO

SGMCO Vintage Style is Sweet--Rumbleseat Fashions

Use a good Anti-Chaffing Cream or Anti-antiperspirant, wear the tighter fitting (bike short type) boxers are great, the ones that are Wicking (helps wick away sweat). You can purchase these even at Walmart.

5. SgtTibbs

SgtTibbs RunDisney'er

I second this. Biker briefs are the best for anti-chaffing. Also, I use chapsitck (the basic black label) for chaffing anywhere any time. That stuff is magic and easy to carry.

6. DisneyNewbieDad

DisneyNewbieDad Earning My Ears

Thanks. We are going for our 1st trip and will be there 6 days in October. Nothing like the awkward walk to ruin a good trip.

7. Cosmic

Cosmic Mouseketeer

8. ssgjason

ssgjason Earning My Ears

So, this is super relevant to me as I have been researching undergarments. I have been training for a half marathon and developed some horrible chafing. I have found Body Glide and compression shorts really help. Any compression shorts work better than nothing. I have a variety of brands from under Armor to champion and off brands to a brand called Saxx...They all work well

9. IamTrike

IamTrike DIS Veteran

Under Armour is very good. While I haven't tried their BoxerJocks I have many pairs of their heat gear compression shorts. I find that their seems wear out faster than some of my underwear though. I have some adidas compression boxer bries that I like too, but they don't offer quite as much compression. Eastbay brand compression shorts are also pretty good. They don't offer quite as much compression as the under armor shorts but they are half the price.

10. ssgjason

ssgjason Earning My Ears

Just finished a 1/2 marathon using champion. A size smaller but no chafing. These also had a breathable mesh in strategic places

11. Patrick101

Patrick101 Earning My Ears

I would agree with wicking boxer briefs. You might also need powder, gold bond works well.

12. Doug5984

Doug5984 Mouseketeer

This is a very important thing for Disney - the first time I went didn't prepae and my legs were on fire after a couple days.

Last trip I upgraded my boxer game to include some Tommy Johns - also used the body glide and it was a god send.

13. jeff_h

jeff_h Mouseketeer

I've run many marathons and have used body glide and it works but those speed stick containers run out pretty quickly. I've found that a couple small dabs of aquaphor does just as well (long runs need larger dabs, but small dab is fine for simple daily walking), and I keep the tub on top of toilet in hotel bath and remind everyone in family to "prep the friction points" before doing a lot of walking and sweating so they don't run into issues. And while walking in the parks later in the day we almost always see someone that is having "friction trouble" and walking a bit funny.

Doug5984 likes this.
  14. Jimmy Mouse

Jimmy Mouse My other car is the Monorail

Our last 2 visits I wore boxers because that's what I wear. I like to be free! But I am considering boxer briefs or bike shorts. No tighty whities! but not for the reasons posted above. I never get chaffing or any funny walk ( I logged over 25,000 steps a day at disney and log over 10,000 every day at home) but I am considering them so I can avoid "The Adjustment" when I get into rides etc.

15. Dustin Mance

Dustin Mance Bamadust

Workout shorts with the briefs built in. Nice and cool!