Avis-St.Maarteen

kohsamuichris

Mouseketeer
Has anyone rented a car from Avis in St.Maarteen. If so can you walk to the Avis location from Port? I have a car reserved for next's week EC and would like to know how to get there from the port.

The car rental area is right at the pier where all of the buses pick up. I have rented with Avis and Hertz at the pier and had no problem. We have even rented from one of the local companies before with a great experience. Renting a car is definitely the way to explore and have fun on St. Maarten!

Hi there,

Just to let you know do not make the same mistake as me by heading to the car rental desks at the port, don't the AVIS it's not there. It's a further five minute walk.

Head up the multi coloured sidewalk and head for the colourful "Welcome to St Maarten" and then exit the security barrier and turn left to the town. The rental station is on the left and clearly marked about a 3 minute walk from the security gate. If you come back and the AVIS rental is closed the hand the keys into the bar next door, having first taken pictures of the rental car to show the conddition you returned it in (a little trick I learned)

I rented last time from there less than 3 weeks ago on the WBTA

Just a heads up.
When we rented a car there, the agent strongly recommended driving clockwise around the island instead of counter-clockwise. The road coming back when going counter-clockwise gets very crowded in the afternoon. He said that it can completely stop. Think missing the boat!

I can't confirm this and maybe someone else can confirm or deny it. Just passing on the warning we were given

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter