Avis Preferred & "Doubles" coupon promotion - require counter visit?

scratchboat

Mouseketeer
I was planning to use EA with National later this week at MCO, but the introduction of "Emerald Executive" aisle stuffed with all the Full Size cars & SUV's has me spooked that I won't get anything other than a Grand Am. I also am an Avis Preferred customer and can usually counter bypass with them as well. I was able to reserve a FULL size car with Avis and get excellent rate with $15 coupon that can be "doubled" to $30.

Has anyone used the doubles promotion at MCO? Do I have to visit the counter to present coupon and "ask for doubles"? Or can I bypass counter and submit coupon when I drive car through security? Or perhaps ALL preferred rentals at MCO need to visit the counter anyway - if so how fast are the lines for preferred?

I'm arriving middle of the day on a Friday so I don't want to get slowed down if lines are usually long at busy times.:earsboy:

Originally posted by scratchboat
I was planning to use EA with National later this week at MCO, but the introduction of "Emerald Executive" aisle stuffed with all the Full Size cars & SUV's has me spooked that I won't get anything other than a Grand Am. I also am an Avis Preferred customer and can usually counter bypass with them as well. I was able to reserve a FULL size car with Avis and get excellent rate with $15 coupon that can be "doubled" to $30.

Has anyone used the doubles promotion at MCO? Do I have to visit the counter to present coupon and "ask for doubles"? Or can I bypass counter and submit coupon when I drive car through security? Or perhaps ALL preferred rentals at MCO need to visit the counter anyway - if so how fast are the lines for preferred?

I'm arriving middle of the day on a Friday so I don't want to get slowed down if lines are usually long at busy times.:earsboy:

I believe you have to use the counter, but, call them and ask.

At Avis Preferred at MCO, you can present a coupon. No need to go to the counter in the terminal. Avis Preferred at MCO is in a little booth in the parking garage. You go there to pick up the keys and then to your car. There is no other security checkpoint like at National. You just drive out of the garage.

Have a great trip!

Well - I don't know much more than when I started! Called Avis Preferred Customer Service - they said I would have to visit the counter with coupon. Then I called MCO counter directly, and though they'd never heard of the "doubles" promotion (http://www.avis.com/AvisWeb/JSP/US/en/deals/us_doubledouble.jsp), they said I COULD bypass counter and go directly to the preferred booth in the garage to present my coupons.:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter