Votes: 23 13.1%
  • 400 - 500

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • 500 - 600

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • 600 +

Votes: 25 14.3%

• Total voters
We are starting with 50 VGF resale and want to buy RIV direct or the new Reflections direct when that opens.
Reflections has been canceled for now, so it will be probably at least another 2-5 years before it would open...... if it every opens.

425 total across 5 contracts
150 SSR
100 VGC
175 AKV

I started with 150 and added 50 VGC within about 2 years and made those work for a long time, but when i got addonitis, it was bad. I still want between 100-150 points at BWV and hoping the resale costs will drop a bit.

Do you ever try to use your points at another non-home resort? If so, how does the booking work? will Disney just combine the points so you can use them at one place if there is a room available? I bought Poly but now want to have 11 month preference at AK as well so we can go between the two resorts depending on if it is a kids trip or not. Just curious if how I think this could play out will play out....

Do you ever try to use your points at another non-home resort? If so, how does the booking work? will Disney just combine the points so you can use them at one place if there is a room available? I bought Poly but now want to have 11 month preference at AK as well so we can go between the two resorts depending on if it is a kids trip or not. Just curious if how I think this could play out will play out....
All points retain their home resort advantage. So if you have 100 Poly points and 150 AKV points, only the Poly points can be used to book Poly at 11 months and the AKV points can only be used at AKV at 11 months.

At 7 months, all points are equal (with the exception of post-1/19 resale points). At 7 months, points from different home resorts can be combined to make a reservation at any DVC resort as long as there is availability. So, using my example, you would be able to combine AKV + Poly points at 7 months to have 250 points to use at any resort.

Now, a word about resale points purchased after Jan., 2019... they cannot be used to book a Riviera nor any future resorts. And any Riviera points which are purchased on the resale market cannot be used anywhere except Riviera.

All points retain their home resort advantage. So if you have 100 Poly points and 150 AKV points, only the Poly points can be used to book Poly at 11 months and the AKV points can only be used at AKV at 11 months.

At 7 months, all points are equal (with the exception of post-1/19 resale points). At 7 months, points from different home resorts can be combined to make a reservation at any DVC resort as long as there is availability. So, using my example, you would be able to combine AKV + Poly points at 7 months to have 250 points to use at any resort.

Now, a word about resale points purchased after Jan., 2019... they cannot be used to book a Riviera nor any future resorts. And any Riviera points which are purchased on the resale market cannot be used anywhere except Riviera.

Thank you so much. That is clear and to the point! :)

So it depends on the points how I use them.
  • VGC is only ever used at VGC in home resort priority period. It is so hard to book there which is why I bought 2 different contracts there to be able to book there.
  • SSR - I have never actually stayed there. I always use those to book other resorts.
  • AKV is a mix. I have booked there in home resort booking window or used them elsewhere.
It is easy to have multiple home resorts. You can only use the points at the home resort at 11 months, but at 7 months the points can be combined to stay anywhere.

facebook twitter