Aventura Rooms - Std vs. Deluxe

goofballs

Mouseketeer
@wdwrule and @patster
You both mentioned in another thread that the Deluxe Queen is your favorite at Aventura, so I am tagging you here.

All opinions welcome, please!

I currently have 2 Aventura reservations for 5 nights at the OI meetup in June. We are a party of 4 - 2 adults and 2 boys, ages 17 and 16. They don’t love it, but are willing to share a bed (did fine sharing in std Queen room at HRH for 4 nights).

Reservation 1 is Std Queen room at OI rate.
Reservation 2 is Dlx Queen room at Savvy Traveler and is total $325 more (comes out to $65/night)

What would you recommend?

Do both rooms have the same amount of storage? We will also need to park a scooter (unless they can be stored with bell services)?

Possible trade off is that if we go for the standard room, we might do a $500 throwaway night on Friday night for Express Passes for both meetups before park close - 3 hours on Friday and 4 hours on Saturday. Bonus - everyone will get their own bed that night! The meetup tickets will likely be our only park passes.

Appreciate any thoughts!

I feel like the deluxe rooms have more space. Well technically they have about 80 more square feet but overall I feel like the room is much more spacious. I’m trying to remember with the standard room, but I think both rooms have the same amount of storage with the set of dresser drawers and closet.

The entry way in the deluxe seems larger and more open and I would think you could easily park a scooter there (or a rollaway bed). Side note, the deluxes in our experience are quiet rooms… no adjoining door and it’s in a nook at the end of the short hallway, away from the elevators and guests roaming the halls.

That’s a good idea though too to get a throwaway room for EP and that seems like a cheap rate for a deluxe on a Friday night. Would you want it that night if you’re already going to both meetups with minimal waits… or later/prior nights? I would be tempted to use a throwaway night outside of my meetups so I could use EP to the max benefit. In other words I’d sleep in during the meetup days and use EP on full park days.

As for the scooter, someone else may know as we don’t have experience with them as far as possible bell services storage.

I feel like the deluxe rooms have more space. Well technically they have about 80 more square feet but overall I feel like the room is much more spacious. I’m trying to remember with the standard room, but I think both rooms have the same amount of storage with the set of dresser drawers and closet.

The entry way in the deluxe seems larger and more open and I would think you could easily park a scooter there (or a rollaway bed). Side note, the deluxes in our experience are quiet rooms… no adjoining door and it’s in a nook at the end of the short hallway, away from the elevators and guests roaming the halls.

That’s a good idea though too to get a throwaway room for EP and that seems like a cheap rate for a deluxe on a Friday night. Would you want it that night if you’re already going to both meetups with minimal waits… or later/prior nights? I would be tempted to use a throwaway night outside of my meetups so I could use EP to the max benefit. In other words I’d sleep in during the meetup days and use EP on full park days.

As for the scooter, someone else may know as we don’t have experience with them as far as possible bell services storage.
Thank you so much. Very helpful.
I was able to find more budget savings by booking airfare with ff miles last night, so maybe we will splurge and do both.
And good idea on the EP hotel a different night.
Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter