Avengers: Infinity War - Discussion (*** CONTAINS SPOILERS***)

Since we're talking spoilers here, one thing I had an issue with was not showing Thanos securing the first stone. I really feel like that was missing and the throwaway line about it happening a week ago was unsatisfying. They could have even shown it as the stinger on a previous film. It'd have been cool to see Thanos trashing the Nova Corps for even just a minute.

My favorite stuff in this movie was Iron Man, Star Lord and Dr. Strange all sniping at each other. Strange is the only guy there who even remotely has any business fighting Thanos with four gems, and partly because he still had his own. Most guys in this movie were just outclassed. I felt bad for Bucky in the Wakanda battle. He brought a machine gun to a cosmic power fight! Poor guy. I love how Cap had a battle of wills with Thanos and showed his stuff, but really, nobody had a chance. Well, except for Thor. Thor was such a boss!

I loved the post credits scene. Are they going to tie that in to Agents of SHIELD? HOW?
Captain marvel just doesn’t excite me. I was hoping for a fox property to appear on the thingy like a “4” or an “X” even though I knew it was far fetched. I don’t know it was still cool but I expected more. Still loved the movie

I loved the post credits scene. Are they going to tie that in to Agents of SHIELD? HOW?

No they won't tie it in... TV can be impacted by the movie universe but never the other way around. Had nothing to do with SHEILD really. It was a distress call to Captain Marvel.

Captain marvel just doesn’t excite me. I was hoping for a fox property to appear on the thingy like a “4” or an “X” even though I knew it was far fetched. I don’t know it was still cool but I expected more. Still loved the movie

They don't own the rights yet, no chance they can have that yet. POSSIBLY for Avengers 4 end credit sequence depending on when the deal completes. X-Men, FF and Deadpool are going to be the first 3 integrated.

Well of course. I hope they don’t bring back the actual deaths like Gamora, vision, or Loki but you know the fadeaway will be back. Especially black panther cause that’d be financial suicide

Given who survived and who died, I'd expect the remaining heroes, whose contracts are mostly up, to go on a "Dirty Dozen"-style kamikaze mission to bring back the faded.

So while Vision is a personal favorite of mine, and the relationship with Scarlet Witch wasn't as fully developed as I'd like, I think you are right. The dead will stay dead, and the faded will return.

Given who survived and who died, I'd expect the remaining heroes, whose contracts are mostly up, to go on a "Dirty Dozen"-style kamikaze mission to bring back the faded.

So while Vision is a personal favorite of mine, and the relationship with Scarlet Witch wasn't as fully developed as I'd like, I think you are right. The dead will stay dead, and the faded will return.

As I said before I want all the dead to remain dead, but the only one who I would be somewhat okay with would be vision since Shuri had a diagram thingy of him now. It’d be cool if it wasn’t vision necessarily but instead Viv Vision or him come back as the white version from the comics. But most importantly gamora is dead and if she is revived I’d lose all that sad emotion I had and it’d just be bad cinematography and more. Just please gamora be done.

No they won't tie it in... TV can be impacted by the movie universe but never the other way around. Had nothing to do with SHEILD really. It was a distress call to Captain Marvel.

No, I meant how would SHIELD deal with half the planet being wiped out and Fury and Hill both gone (not that they've been involved in the show lately, but there is a connection). It would have to be really good luck for all of the agents to survive.

Personally, I believe Gamora will be back. Her soul is trapped in the soul stone so when they do eventually defeat Thanos I think she’ll be back. Or at least that’s what I hope will happen because I really like her....

As I said to my friend after we watched it yesterday, I think we should be more concerned about the characters that didn’t turn to ash tbh Thanos split the group in half - 10 survived including OG Avengers, Rhodey, Rocket, Okoye + M’Baku and 10 turned to ash most of whom have already announced sequels or longer contracts. Ngl but I freaked out a little when Bucky disappeared but then it started to happen to characters we all know are going to be back again so I was like oh okay.

It’s only fitting that Avengers 4 will focus more on the OG Avengers seeing as it’s their last film together.

As for Agents Of Shield dealing with this I thought this was the last season anyway? We’re only Episode 9 of this season in th UK so I don’t really know much past that at the moment.

I would think with Avatar beginning to rev up again, Gamora, at least with the current actress playing her, is likely really dead, at least for a few years and 5 or so MCU movies.

So I've never been a fan of the Avenger's movies themselves. I liked the first Iron Man.

LOVE Guardians of The Galaxy (both) and Thor Ragnarok.

So I went ahead and read all of the death spoilers.

Great. :rotfl:

No, I meant how would SHIELD deal with half the planet being wiped out and Fury and Hill both gone (not that they've been involved in the show lately, but there is a connection). It would have to be really good luck for all of the agents to survive.

OK, that makes sense.... They lost me after season 3, but aren't they like in the matrix right now?

OK, that makes sense.... They lost me after season 3, but aren't they like in the matrix right now?

That was last year. This year they were in space in the future for a while, now are back in the present trying to prevent the future they saw from happening.

There hasn't been any official word on renewal/cancellation yet. Earlier this month reports were optimistic, but who knows. I'll keep watching as long as Fitz is there.

Is that a good thing?

Yes.

While there were slow spots, they were necessary to pull the story together. But the action spots wore me out, they didn't hold back. The ending was :eek: but then once I started to really take it in and look at some details .... kinda okay. We saw it 3D and I don't think that was necessary at all, maybe disappointing. Might go back to see it again because there was so much happening, I'm sure I missed a lot.

Last edited:
I would think with Avatar beginning to rev up again, Gamora, at least with the current actress playing her, is likely really dead, at least for a few years and 5 or so MCU movies.

There is almost no way though that Gamora will not be in GotG Vol. 3. I just can't see it. That series has it's own fans, and I don't think they would kill her "off screen" so to speak for those who only watch GotG.

All of these characters have an out. First of all, anyone with an Infinity Gauntlet can do literally anything, including resurrect the dead, no matter if they died or were wished out of existence. Also, Vision is essentially just a computer program, and has gone through multiple bodies in the comics. As long as there is a backup, he's good. I expect that most of the damage Thanos has wrought will be undone in a grand gesture that will repair the universe but may also leave a few changes.

Yes! I'm so glad someone started this thread! DH and I saw it last night and it was CRAZY. I loved the theater we were in though...real fans who were *so* into it. Like everyone cheering when Cap came out of the shadows by the train, and when Thor came at Thanos with his axe.

DH thinks they're going to try to tie-in Green Lantern with the future movie, but it's been so long since that movie, and it did so poorly, I don't know that it would happen.

I think I'm going to have to see it again in the theater because I'm sure there are things I missed or maybe didn't focus on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter