Availability very limited it seems these days

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
I find it very interesting that you don't even see basically single days hardly until you get to December at SSR in the Studio or 1BR categories. Just something I noticed as I was looking at possibly adding on a couple days during a upcoming trip to FL to stop by WDW for a couple days.

Not complaining or anything like that just throwing out an observation.

among other reasons the system is jammed up, there's also 4 more months of riviera direct sales without any more declared inventory. That's a lot of new points without inventory relief (although the early declaration of the big pine key rooms at VGF may have offset some of that pain). Still, wonder if we're a couple of months from more riviera rooms coming online.

I had to change up my DDs Labor Day weekend trip to Columbus Day weekend and it was crazy.

I started with her moving every night and finally got it down to 2 nights SSR 1 bedroom and 3 at RIV in a PV studio.

I know it’s a busy time coming up but was surprised even SSR wasn’t there to start more than one

Yes but spring time is wide open still except for the traditional 11 month booked rooms ( AKL value/club and BWV standard).

I noticed the same thing. I had to move 2 reservations from the first week in June to the third week in June this past summer. I checked the web site multiple times a day and I was very surprised by the resorts that opened up. It was mostly one or two days at a time, but I managed to get 6 nights in a row at the Polynesian villas in a studio. (If I had been more decisive, I could have had all 8 nights at the Polynesian :) )
I have been looking at dates at the end of Sept and I just don't see much inventory open up. I attributed the change to banking restrictions being lifted and fewer restrictions on international travel- both good things on our path to getting back to normal. But, maybe the new points sales without the corresponding declared inventory mentioned above might have a bigger impact?

always seems to be difficult to secure reservations during the last 4 months of the year. can't really figure out why though!

We bought knowing about the near constant crush for studios (and also that we dislike studios)… Still, it’s tough to find even 1BRs if you don’t book way early. Every time I can’t book even a 1BR, I shrug it off, book offsite for cash, and let my points pile up to book a huge room.

Prices for flights and rentals for my October trip have been falling since we first book. Rental car already dropped $200/trip and the flights dropped by over 30,000 jetblue points, and only 1/2 the plane is seated so far. So I think demand is falling for leisure travel. Hope it drops for our April 2023 trip.

Fall into January is the busiest DVC time. People go for all the holiday stuff and what used to be mostly the lowest point seasons.

That’s what I told a very rude broker when I was trying to sell my confirmed reservation for week 48. She said she’s been doing this for 20 years and it’s most certainly not the busiest time for DVC, not even close. I laughed and listed it myself and it rented in a few days. As someone who stalks room openings, it definitely is and it’s not even close.

This is a good thing when availability is low. Means it’s still a great product. I do not look forward to the day where the rooms are not sold out.

That’s what I told a very rude broker when I was trying to sell my confirmed reservation for week 48. She said she’s been doing this for 20 years and it’s most certainly not the busiest time for DVC, not even close. I laughed and listed it myself and it rented in a few days. As someone who stalks room openings, it definitely is and it’s not even close.

I wonder if this is the same broker who told me no one ever rents a 1br or a PV

This is a good thing when availability is low. Means it’s still a great product. I do not look forward to the day where the rooms are not sold out.
I mean yes and no. I don't want WDW to be sold out because there are millions of cheap Aulani points in the system. The recent additions have at least all been core product: VGF2, Poly2, CCV. I guess we can argue some more about RIV, but it's definitely not cheap.

December is really difficult. Always was, even at 7 months. I actually have BC (I own there) beginning of December and would like to move somewhere else, not happening.

December is really difficult. Always was, even at 7 months. I actually have BC (I own there) beginning of December and would like to move somewhere else, not happening.
That is one place you can rent out at top dollar and then rent into wherever you wish for the same or cheaper.

Interesting reading this thread - checked February yesterday and found lots of availability - ended up booking desired dates, no problem. That being said, February last year was a mess - what used to be one of the more manageable weeks of the yr was insane... Waits for attractions were as long as what we experienced the week of Christmas to New Year's, which we have done half a dozen times. I've given up trying to predict WDW attraction wait times and DVC resort availability! :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter