• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Austism question.

Hi again,
I have arranged an appointment with a paedatrician to discuss this in more detail and I have also got some excellent info off the various websites which were posted. I also found out from the autistic society that autism cannot be brought on by trauma which was very interesting as my paedatrician was saying only last week that it could!! I am hoping to also arrange a appointment with an assessment centre for a unbiasied opinion on my son and his condition. It looks like both these appointments are going to be in June so I will keep you posted as to how we get on then!!
Please can I say a huge thanks to anyone who posted on this thread it has been a huge help to me some of the children sound very much like my son others dont so i am going to keep open minded and hope for the best.
God bless you all. x x x :grouphug:

My 10 yo son is autistic. I won't bother repeating too much that has already been said, but just know that if you do get an autism diagnosis, thare are many treatment options, and in my case many people tried to force their own preferences down my throat and insist that their way was the only way. Check out MANY different options before you decide(if the time comes)and pick the one that most fits you and your child. I was very upset by a group here that basically told me that if I didn't join with them, my son would never be cured. Just a little heads up for what may happen if you get a diagnosis. Feel free to pm me if you have more specific questions or just want to talk.

God bless!

I noticed one thing in your post, and I will not present myself as knowledgable in any formal way, but I will say I often work in a self contained autistic pre-k 4 class, and these are some of the most loving kids I have ever worked with!!! I don't know what the 'spectrum' says about this, but my experience is lots of hugs, kisses, and loving tuches...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter