• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Auntie's Beach House: What age did your kids lose interest?

Angelaann

Earning My Ears
Thinking of returning with 9.5 year olds. Will they be too cool? They loved it at 7.5. Thanks.

My daughter liked the scheduled events at 10 but didn't really enjoy just hanging out there. It worked out ok because she was able to do so much around the resort. It was fun to hang out with her in the olelo room in the evenings. When we really wanted to have adult evenings she was willing to go to Auntie's. My 6 year old we couldn't tear away from Auntie's.

Really depends on the child. My eldest daughter was there at 11 and had a great time. Took part in lots of the activity ( hula lesson, volcano, slime, tween jewellery ). Both my kids 11 and 8 at the time asked to go there every night.

My daughter loved it at. She is 9. I also overheard tweens talking about it and telling their parents they were going in the afternoon. They have activities just for the 13+ crown in the Pau room also. I would see the kids running around in groups.

My DD was 10 on our trip and she was not at all interested in it. She would have loved it a year or two earlier. I will say that the week we were there, I didn't really see any kids her age in there, they were all younger. She really wanted to do the teen activities, she thought those looked like fun and was sad she was too young to do those. She was really wishing they had some stuff geared for the 10-12 group that were too young to join the teens and felt too old to be with the little kids at the Beach House. We had a great time without the kid activities though. She found plenty to do.

I'd second the 'depends on the child'. Mine are DS 10.5 and DD two months shy of turning 8 and both throughly enjoyed themselves when we were there in June 2017. My son participated in "tweens night" which is for 10, 11 and 12 year olds. Both of my children went to Aunty's at least once a day if not more each day we were there.

We went when our kids were 8 and 11. To be honest, neither of them like it. We kind of expected it to be like the kids club on the cruise (which they absolutely love and we cannot get them out of) but it was nothing like the cruise at all. They didn't want to hang out there at all. Not enough activities or things to do. Having to pre-sign up for activities, sometimes getting in line very early in the morning was also a challenge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter