Aulani

disney516

Mouseketeer
I wasn't really sure where to put this thread :/ but my family is considering a trip to Hawaii for summer 2013. Has anyone been there? What did you think? Is it a good price? There would be four or five of us and we are not DVC members. Basically, just wandering what people think or if there is things for teens to do there. Thanks! :)

I wasn't really sure where to put this thread :/ but my family is considering a trip to Hawaii for summer 2013. Has anyone been there? What did you think? Is it a good price? There would be four or five of us and we are not DVC members. Basically, just wandering what people think or if there is things for teens to do there. Thanks! :)

Also considering visiting in summer of 2013. Would love to hear opinions from people who have been there!

We visited while on a cruise (we'd already visited that island a couple of times and thought it would be fun to visit) and was allowed to tour around. Very far from anywhere, and we lost all desire to stay there. To us, it was just a very expensive, beautiful hotel with a Disney theme stuffed in next to other equally nice hotels and far from places to visit and eat (except for on site). We spent about 4 hours there. There are many more hotels in HI we'd rather stay at.

I'm a DVC member and used my points to stay at Aulani for 9 days in June. I loved the resort and there are lots of things to do. I spent the first 4 days doing my own excursions by renting a car from Aulani. The last couple of days, I participated in the activities that the resort had(free tours, hula dancing, etc.). They have lots of activities for teens, families, adults, etc. and everything is listed in the daily 'Iwa(similar to the cruise navigators). I'm already planning my return trip!

Aulani is at Ko Olina Marina, which is about 30-45 minutes from Waikiki(depending on traffic). This is a timeshare resort area(there are 2-3 other timeshare properties there) and you have a private lagoon for swimming, kayaking, etc. As for the prices, they really aren't that more expensive than what you would pay at WDW for the same level of accomodation.

I visited in December and it was too far from the action on Oahu and the prices were super expensive for food and parking for us.

I'm interested in visiting as well, maybe Spring 2014.

I see some things are included in the price. Can you tell me what is included and what activities are there for those without children? :confused3

Most of the activities listed in the Daily 'Iwa are free. The one's I remember are Hawaiian crafts, tours of the artwork in the lobby, and meeting and taking pictures with the characters. I know there were a lot more, but I was so busy I couldn't do everything I wanted to do. I don't have kids and I had a great time! You may want to call Aulani to get an idea of everything you can do. They also have a Starlit Hua twice a week.

Most of the activities listed in the Daily 'Iwa are free. The one's I remember are Hawaiian crafts, tours of the artwork in the lobby, and meeting and taking pictures with the characters. I know there were a lot more, but I was so busy I couldn't do everything I wanted to do. I don't have kids and I had a great time! You may want to call Aulani to get an idea of everything you can do. They also have a Starlit Hua twice a week.

Thank you! :)

I concluded that spending a week at Aulani is not the way I want to see Hawaii.

I want to visit several different Hawaiian islands and Aulani is too far away to be a home base.

I wish that Disney has a resort on every island and made it convenient for an island hop vacation.

-Paul

I'm sitting in my room at Aulani right now and dreading having to leave.

We are not DVC members but rented a 1-bedroom villa with a 10% passholder discount (we are passholders at Disneyland and WDW).

I love the location, but we are not downtown Honolulu or Waikiki people. The beach is much more private, not nearly as crowded as somewhere "closer to the action" would be. We also like to head up to the North Shore, so it's a good middle location for us personally.

We've only done a few things outside the resort, but some of our best days have been when we stay on property and basically hang out at the pool or beach.

It truly is a resort, or similar to a cruise on land. There's so much to do here there's no need to go anywhere else if you really didn't want to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter