Aulani Owners Thread - ALOHA!

Wow, they sure took their time recording those deeds! We called and committed the first day Aulani went on sale, but our deed doesn't show up until page 24 on October 5! I wondered why it took so long for us to get all the documents back... now I know why! (Yep, I guess I should have looked at the doc stamps, eh?!)

Wow, they sure took their time recording those deeds! We called and committed the first day Aulani went on sale, but our deed doesn't show up until page 24 on October 5! I wondered why it took so long for us to get all the documents back... now I know why! (Yep, I guess I should have looked at the doc stamps, eh?!)

Wonder why it took so long. We added on during our July cruise and our deed is recorded as August 17th.

Any owners having any trouble making their reservations yet? 7-month window starts opening this Saturday, right?

There are MORE new pics and some video clips on a couple of different postings on both Mouseplanet & DVCnews for Aulani. As we inch closer and closer to Phase I opening up, no doubt there will be more to come!

We are planning our trip for 2012....we will be booking at the 7 mnth window.
Do you think it will be harder to get in March/April (easter) or in the summer (july/august). we are flexible about our view!
Thanks so much
Debx:hug:

Bump! Would love to hear about your booking experiences so far and any predictions re availability
Debxx;)

Any idea what the nightly price for a room is? Ballpark? Just a regular room. I can't find any info.

Any idea what the nightly price for a room is? Ballpark? Just a regular room. I can't find any info.

If you go to Disney's website you can book rooms at Aulani and thus look at rates. It probably depends on the time of year but I recall a regular hotel room being in the $400 per night range when I last looked. This was for mid-December 2011.

We are not DVC members, but are hoping to book Aulani for Christmas 2012. Can anyone tell me if 2012 bookings will open up in August 2011, like WDW does?

Thank you!

We just bought 160 points while we were on our Disney Cruise last week. It was a last minute decision, decided while waiting for the farewell show. We are really looking forward to planning a visit to Aulani in 2012.

We are not DVC members, but are hoping to book Aulani for Christmas 2012. Can anyone tell me if 2012 bookings will open up in August 2011, like WDW does?

Thank you!

I might recommend to you, renting points from a current DVC owner to book your reservation. The Aulani DVC owner has 11 months advantage on booking and it might come out cheaper for you than booking direct from the Resort. We rented our points for Bay Lake Tower last May and really worked out for us, and we ended up joining DVC while were were there. We've been making a good use out of our DVC at Grand Californian now. Of Course it is cheaper owning but it is a long committment. Just something for you to look into.

We just bought 160 points while we were on our Disney Cruise last week. It was a last minute decision, decided while waiting for the farewell show. We are really looking forward to planning a visit to Aulani in 2012.

Congrats! What was the offer on the cruise, if you don't mind saying. I've read that the incentives on the cruise are generally better than "regular" incentives at WDW or DLR.

Aloha all! Just found this thread today! Can't wait to stay next year. We bought 320 points last October. Hope to visit July of 2012. Looking forward to more news and pictures.

Thank you lilpooh108 and ChiSoxKeith!
They had tons of member gifts during the cruise, like lanyards, baseball caps, bags, organizers, pins and etc. The current pricing for Aulani is at $120 pp, they offered $14 pp discount if you buy 100 or more. They throw in $500 shipboard credit if you buy 160 or more. They covered the closing cost since we are current members. We also got 30 fastpasses for our next visit to either Disneyland Parks or WDW and founding member tile with our family name. I guess very similar to friends and family deal that's going on now. Only difference is $500 giftcard instead of $500 shipboard credit.
We are planning our visit to Aulani in 2012 as well, after the second phase is completed, to make sure all the amenities are up and running.

Thank you lilpooh108 and ChiSoxKeith!
They had tons of member gifts during the cruise, like lanyards, baseball caps, bags, organizers, pins and etc. The current pricing for Aulani is at $120 pp, they offered $14 pp discount if you buy 100 or more. They throw in $500 shipboard credit if you buy 160 or more. They covered the closing cost since we are current members. We also got 30 fastpasses for our next visit to either Disneyland Parks or WDW and founding member tile with our family name. I guess very similar to friends and family deal that's going on now. Only difference is $500 giftcard instead of $500 shipboard credit.
We are planning our visit to Aulani in 2012 as well, after the second phase is completed, to make sure all the amenities are up and running.

On our cruise they were offering the $500 visa giftcard and offering it for 100 point add-ons. Also, only 18 fast-passes. The rest was the same, I think.

This was on the magic Jan29-Feb 5. Crazy how quickly they change offers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter