Aulani Oceanview worth the extra points??

As mentioned by others above, my family loves 1br ocean view, provided we’re in the Ewa tower. The rooms are exceptionally quiet during the day (and you get to watch the luau at night), as opposed to being near the pool, where it’s far too noisy on the balcony for my wife and I to work and for our daughter to study.

Aulani was well-built, with much better soundproofing than most other hotels. We've had ground-floor poolside rooms a few times now, and with the sliding door shut you really can't hear much from outside at all.
In general I agree but we had 1450 two trips ago and we could hear the Olelo room loud and clear. Somehow it was louder up on the 14th floor than when we were 10 floors lower this past trip.

We've been to Aulani now several times. We've had the ocean view once. It was good, but our philosophy is to get a room with a lesser view and use the points savings to stay an extra night. There are so many places you can go to enjoy the views, and you don't spend a lot of time in the room because you are out enjoying all the amenities.

There are so many places you can go to enjoy the views, and you don't spend a lot of time in the room because you are out enjoying all the amenities.
This is entirely family-specific. We fly direct from the East Coast so we have a big time zone adjustment all at once. My kids adjust eventually but I don't sleep past 4am in Hawaii, ever. That means I often have several hours each day where I'm awake and on the balcony by myself.

This is entirely family-specific. We fly direct from the East Coast so we have a big time zone adjustment all at once. My kids adjust eventually but I don't sleep past 4am in Hawaii, ever. That means I often have several hours each day where I'm awake and on the balcony by myself.
We are West Coast (So Cal), so we have the shortest possible flight, but I still love my early morning lanai time. Started doing it nearly 30 years ago when our favorite destination was the Hilton Hawaiian Village (at first the Rainbow Tower, and later the Alii), and it's a tough habit to break. I also end just about every night reading for a bit out there as well. Paperbacks are long-gone and now it's Kindle on the iPad, but the ritual remains.

We're still out of the room by 8 on most days, regardless.

Thanks to these boards, our first stay at Aulani was in an OV 1br on a high floor in EWA tower. We couldn't have gotten a better view. Coming from the East Coast, w were up by sunrise almost every day, and spent much time on our lanai in the mornings and evenings. The sounds from the Olelo room were pleasant and not too loud (we did have the sliding glass doors closed). Since we were booking with non-home-resort points, the only rooms available were ocean view, but I felt they were points well-spent

I think it depends on the location of your OV room. If your room is all the way down from the elevator, those rooms are closer to the ocean so you'll probably get a better view. Personally, I don't think I'll ever waste my points to book OV, their OV isn't quite worth it for me (especially not after I have experienced the true ocean view at Turtle Bay). I'm happy with island garden view!

I think it depends on the location of your OV room. If your room is all the way down from the elevator, those rooms are closer to the ocean so you'll probably get a better view. Personally, I don't think I'll ever waste my points to book OV, their OV isn't quite worth it for me (especially not after I have experienced the true ocean view at Turtle Bay). I'm happy with island garden view!
In my opinion, the best ocean views are the ones that are furthest from the ocean, as high up as you can get ending in 50.

It's a more direct angle and you can't see the Four Seasons.

1710771193641.png

In my opinion, the best ocean views are the ones that are furthest from the ocean, as high up as you can get ending in 50.

It's a more direct angle and you can't see the Four Seasons.

View attachment 842820
I think it’s subjective as to whether you prefer to be closer to the water…but it if anybody has collected the in room views from various points in the building all in one place I would love to compare. It’s so hard to tell if the angle from any given room is straight off the balcony or 45 degrees or even 80 degrees from edge of balcony.

This was our first trip to Hawaii and I’m happy we spent the extra points for OV. Requested and was granted this view. Was really nice to look at the stars when it is dark, and to watch the sky lighten with sunrise. Nice sunsets too although it does look like an ad for the Four Seasons sometimes. Can also see the mountains to the right.

With that being said, if we come back again, I would probably go for the luau view. But for the first trip OV is worth it. Next trip - I’ll watch sunrise at Off the Hook and sunset from Lanikuhonua beach. Just don’t want to look out at the parking lot or something similar.
IMG_1293.jpeg
IMG_0109.jpeg

I think it’s subjective as to whether you prefer to be closer to the water…but it if anybody has collected the in room views from various points in the building all in one place I would love to compare. It’s so hard to tell if the angle from any given room is straight off the balcony or 45 degrees or even 80 degrees from edge of balcony.
Poolside, closer to the lobby with a more direct angle: 50, 52, 54, 56, and 58.

Poolside, harsher angle but closer to the water on the Aunty's Beach House side is 70, 72, 74, 76, 78, 80, 82, 84, 86.

Poolside, hasher angle but on the Ulu Cafe side is 02, 04, 06, 08, 10, and 12.

Over the lu'au lawn but square to the ocean is 60, 62, 64, 66, 68.

Outside of the V, facing the Four Seasons is 03, 05, 07, 09, 11, and 13.

Poolside, closer to the lobby with a more direct angle: 50, 52, 54, 56, and 58.

Poolside, harsher angle but closer to the water on the Aunty's Beach House side is 70, 72, 74, 76, 78, 80, 82, 84, 86.

Poolside, hasher angle but on the Ulu Cafe side is 02, 04, 06, 08, 10, and 12.

Over the lu'au lawn but square to the ocean is 60, 62, 64, 66, 68.

Outside of the V, facing the Four Seasons is 03, 05, 07, 09, 11, and 13.
This is extremely useful. Now I need to figure out when the sunset is viewable on each of those sides. 🤣

We were there over late November and I think the only rooms with sunset view in the Ewa tower were grand villas. I assume in Dec/Jan the luau ground ocean view rooms have a nice sunset view.

This was our first trip to Hawaii and I’m happy we spent the extra points for OV. Requested and was granted this view. Was really nice to look at the stars when it is dark, and to watch the sky lighten with sunrise. Nice sunsets too although it does look like an ad for the Four Seasons sometimes. Can also see the mountains to the right.

With that being said, if we come back again, I would probably go for the luau view. But for the first trip OV is worth it. Next trip - I’ll watch sunrise at Off the Hook and sunset from Lanikuhonua beach. Just don’t want to look out at the parking lot or something similar.
View attachment 843016
View attachment 843017
Looks lovely! Can I ask what your request stated? Thanks!

View attachment 843016
View attachment 843017
Was this trip in March?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter