Aulani Map

blondietink

DIS Veteran
Aloha!

Received our confirmation booklet for Aulani in the mail last week. However, there is an error on the enclosed map in the brochure. There are orange spots on the map for labeling the pools, etc. but the spots are not numbered with numbers from the previous page(they are blank). This map looks different from the other maps of Aulani I have seen, as this map is looking from the beach back to the main lobby area. So, it is basically turned around from the other maps I have seen.

Anybody have the same map as I do, but is labeled?

Mahalo!

Aloha! We got our booklet a couple of weeks after we made our reservation in January and the map is drawn as you describe (facing the resort from the ocean). But all of our "spots" are numbered tho and they correspond with the list on the facing page. There are 11 numbered items. Hummmm.:confused3

We booked in the early fall for our trip next month but can't remember exactly when I got my welcome packet. However my map is just like you both described (but mine is numbered too). Strange!

Aloha!

Received our confirmation booklet for Aulani in the mail last week. However, there is an error on the enclosed map in the brochure. There are orange spots on the map for labeling the pools, etc. but the spots are not numbered with numbers from the previous page(they are blank). This map looks different from the other maps of Aulani I have seen, as this map is looking from the beach back to the main lobby area. So, it is basically turned around from the other maps I have seen.

Mahalo!

blondietink, could you scan your map and the page you are referring to?

I have scanned it, but I do not have a photobucket account, so I cannot get it to post. I will have to work on setting up an account later .... got to run for now.

Thanks, Barb. I just helped DH (wdrl) to scan our copy from 2012. Let's see if they are different. DH is typing as I post.

Is this the Aulani map and legend you are talking about?

AulMap_zps15490463.jpeg

A_zps2ee276e5.jpeg

We received this map as part of the Aulani welcome packet we received prior to our September 2012 trip. The numbers on the map accurately label the location of the items. Once all the enhancements are completed, the only item that may have a change in location is the Holoholo Tour Desk. I believe it is moving closer to the lobby.

IMO the only number that is sort of inaccurate in #4, Menehune Bridge. It shows a mountain there but really it's just the play area equipment. The room we had in September 2012 had a good view of this play area. It still makes me smile thinking of all the happy children.

Yes, that I the map! thank you!!! I will put the numbers on my map with the blank orange spots.

Mahalo!!!

AulMap_zps15490463.jpeg

A_zps2ee276e5.jpeg

We received this map as part of the Aulani welcome packet we received prior to our September 2012 trip. The numbers on the map accurately label the location of the items. Once all the enhancements are completed, the only item that may have a change in location is the Holoholo Tour Desk. I believe it is moving closer to the lobby.

The map we just received in January looks like this BUT there are 11 numbered spots. Looks like the change from 10 to 11 is for the DVC Preview Center. The numbers are:
1) Maka'ala (the lobby)
2) Holoholo Tours & Travel desk
3) DVC Preview Center
4) Makahiki
5) Menehune Bridge
6) Laniwai Spa
7) Rainbow Reef
8) Tube Sone Curl & Waikolohe Stream
9) Waikolohe pool
10) 'Ama 'Ama
11) Quiet Beach Cove

Just curious when you get a confirmation booklet? As a first time cash visitor with a room only booking, would we receive a confirmation letter as well or is it a DVC thing only? We love the WDW confirmation mail and ME tags...the sign that it's all real...and so very close!

I got the same map you did, with all the blank orange spots!! I also thought it was strange! Thanks to the other poster who "filled in the spots"!

I got the same map you did, with all the blank orange spots!! I also thought it was strange! Thanks to the other poster who "filled in the spots"!

There must have been a printing error or something. Our key has 11 places listed. I think we got our booklet about a month after we made our reservation. We are DVC members, so I don't know if the cash reservation people get something different in the mail or not.

Aloha!

Mahalo!

That's what I got too!! Thought it was strange. Will fill in the dots, thanks to another poster.

Just curious when you get a confirmation booklet? As a first time cash visitor with a room only booking, would we receive a confirmation letter as well or is it a DVC thing only? We love the WDW confirmation mail and ME tags...the sign that it's all real...and so very close!

I booked our trip Feb 16 for an April 12 arrival (cash visitor). We received our little booklet maybe 2 weeks ago. Idk if they send it out so many weeks after booking, or so many weeks before arrival.

Just went to add in the numbers, the maps with no numbers have 11 dots, our #3 is not on the map you posted. Everything after that is just 1 # higher than the numbered map.

After all this talk, I received a new booklet in the mail today with the numbers filled in!!

Well, we received a new booklet in the mail today with the corrections and a note inside stating the previous booklet was missing page titles and map labels. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter