Aulani - Lowest crowds & easiest time to book @ 7 months

WDWLODGE

DIS Veteran
We are in the planning stages for a 2019 Aulani trip. Our travel dates are pretty flexible and we are looking to stay in a studio. Our preference would be to stay during a time with lower crowds and also a time where getting a studio @ 7 months isn't difficult. What times of the year fit both criteria? Thanks!

Early/mid December is one. We've also easily booked an Ocean view studio just a month or two in advance for late Feb/early March. The summer and many holidays are some of the busier but much of the winter is not bad. Fall is also not bad. I haven't paid too much attention to spring. Weekends definitely see an uptick as there are fair number of locals that have bought for stays there.

We have booked twice now at 7 months for mid March and have not had a problem. We have booked studio & 2 bedroom.

Early/mid December is one. We've also easily booked an Ocean view studio just a month or two in advance for late Feb/early March. The summer and many holidays are some of the busier but much of the winter is not bad. Fall is also not bad. I haven't paid too much attention to spring. Weekends definitely see an uptick as there are fair number of locals that have bought for stays there.

This is good to hear. Initially we were looking at the 1st couple weeks in December. I think we're planning on 8-9 nights.

Early February is good. I would avoid any dates that the Hawaiian Schools have breaks including 3 days weekends. The place is always packed during those dates. Hawaiians love staycations and Aulani is a favorite locale. It helps that Disney offers better discounts to locals than they do to the rest of us.

This is good to hear. Initially we were looking at the 1st couple weeks in December. I think we're planning on 8-9 nights.

Then you should have no problems.

The resort availability tool is pretty nice for checking the trends out in advance too so you can look now and then to see how 2018 is going. In general the lower cost rooms will book up first or just have a few days here and there that are gone and the higher cost view rooms will be there as the last to fill.

We went first couple of weeks of September and it was heavenly. It did get noticeably busier during the weekend, but it was never a problem and never had any issues finding available chairs next to the pools. Hope you have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter