Aulani at Christmas

Kidlette

DIS Veteran
We're curious: we are DVC members (own at AKV) and we're considering Aulani during the 2020 Christmas break. Is this laughable at the 7 month window or is it typically still available 7 months out? We don't really want to rent our points to buy through David's, etc. Thanks for your thoughts!

There is a lot of West Coast traffic to Hawaii during the last 2 weeks of December, most summer months, and special times like Easter or Spring Break. My wife and I generally go in late October or early November and while it’s busy, it’s never packed. If you can go a bit earlier I'd recommend it!

Understood, thank you! If we are OK with crowds, is it possible to book Christmas at the 7 month window or are you saying it is typically gone by then?

Christmas will be probably gone at 7 months but December 1st through 14th should be wide open with no problem. Once West Coast kids are out of school in mid-December, a lot of families go to Hawaii for Christmas and New Year's.

Thank you! We are some of those west coast folks 🤣. We typically take the kids out of school but we're trying not to next year. Last year we got in trouble for the amount they were gone. 🤣
Totally feel your pain. We got in trouble, too - and the oldest was only in kindergarten!

Totally feel your pain. We got in trouble, too - and the oldest was only in kindergarten!

This is where my wife and I have the division of labor: I earn the money and plan the trips, and she has to deal with our son's absences from school!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!