August W.I.S.H.Thread: Awesome August

P.S. - The new month doesn't start until Wednesday, but since we run Mon-Sun for hosting, is there anyone who would like to put the thread up a couple of days early?

DS9 was all about FOP. DS6 loves the animal kingdom show on dis+ and legit everything about being in the park made him happy. DD3 loved navi river journey so much she tried to climb over me to get to the shamann of song (did not see that one coming). Having one park make all of them so happy how could you not love it? DS9 at one point said, mom even though its summer I'm learning something and it's fun! DS6 who is speech delayed and shy was asking CM questions about the animals a couple hours into the first day. The first time he asked what an animal's name was without being prompted I almost cried.
I love everything about this!!! So happy for you as a mom to have had this special park experience with all of your kids! 🥰🥰🥰

I wish I could help, but this upcoming week/month will be the hardest and most demanding of my entire year. Hopefully someone else is able to step in.

You are completely excused!!

I feel the same. Sorry. I’ll give it a go for the second week (Sept 6-12) since we have off Monday & Tuesday for Labor Day and Rosh Hashanah.

You too!

Drifted over to Pinterest after the DIS, and this popped up:

View attachment 600689

Figured I was meant to post it right back here. :smooth:
I love it!
I either loved my teachers or hated them! My favorite in elementary was my 4th grade teacher, Miss Sullivan. She was so kind, creative, and really thought "out of the box." My favorite middle school teacher was Mrs. Kendall, 7th grade Social Studies. I didn't like Social Studies, but I loved her. She actually helped me to get my first teaching job. My favorite high school teachers were a team...Barth & Sullivan (another Sullivan!) They taught me English for 3 years, and most of the time it was collaborative writing or acting. All of these teachers inspired me throughout my life. It is my goal to do the same for my students.

I’m actually not a HP fan and have no idea what my house is. As for self care this morning I got an email from DailyOM about healing from adrenal fatigue which seems to really hit the spot for me, so I’m going to sign up. It is daily posts about things to do for eight weeks… ga ha, I should be good for the first week or two.

I dropped another pound, so I’ve made my monthly goal and my pre-vacation goal of -15. If I drop a couple more in the two weeks before vacation so much the better.

I got my morning steps in wandering around IKEA, so I’ll do my beach walk this evening. It should be a lovely evening.

I’ll launch the September thread later tonight and take the first week. Wishing all of you headed back to school the best.

I’m actually not a HP fan and have no idea what my house is. As for self care this morning I got an email from DailyOM about healing from adrenal fatigue which seems to really hit the spot for me, so I’m going to sign up. It is daily posts about things to do for eight weeks… ga ha, I should be good for the first week or two.

I dropped another pound, so I’ve made my monthly goal and my pre-vacation goal of -15. If I drop a couple more in the two weeks before vacation so much the better.

I got my morning steps in wandering around IKEA, so I’ll do my beach walk this evening. It should be a lovely evening.

I’ll launch the September thread later tonight and take the first week. Wishing all of you headed back to school the best.
Congratulations on your weight loss! Thanks for taking next week.

Had a lovely time in Seattle. The Mariners lost their baseball game, but DH and I had fun at the stadium. I also found shoes and earrings to wear to DS1's wedding in just a couple weeks! Saturday we also bought peaches and pears to can. There's a fella who comes over from eastern Washington with all the good stuff and sets up shop for one day near my parents' home. We just happened to be there on that day!! My mom had me buy some for her (we stored it all at their house while we gallavanted around Seattle!). Unfortunately they took me up on the offer to can their peaches, too! I will be a busy girl this week!!

Personal Disney History Quiz - - -

Have you been to WDW, Disneyland, both, or neither?

How old were you on your first visit?

Do you have a favorite park? And if so, which one?

Which resort(s), if any, have you stayed at, and what did you lIke best about it?

What's your Disney fantasy?

Have you been to WDW, Disneyland, both, or neither?
I have been to WDW 5 times. I haven't been to DL yet

How old were you on your first visit?

I was in 5th grade. My dad took us (parents are divorced). We were in school for the first 3 days of school and then gone for a week. This was not a great week though. My sister and dad don't get a long and didn't back then either. There was some fighting and arguing that went ok. I still had fun though and couldn't wait to go back.

Do you have a favorite park? And if so, which one?
MK is my favorite. I am very much into the magic and feel it the most here. My least favorite is EPCOT.

Which resort(s), if any, have you stayed at, and what did you lIke best about it?
The first trip we stayed at a condo of site that my step mom's (at the time) mom owned. The second trip was again with my dad but this time when my kids were 4 and just turned 6. We renting a DVC room from a friend of his and we stayed at Saratoga Springs in a 2 bedroom. It was awesome and I loved it but really didn't get the feel of the resort because I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I didn't even know they had a pool with a slid. I thought this was going to a one and done trip. DH never wanted to go. That trip turned into 3 more trips and a Disney cruise.

We also stayed at All Star Music. It was ok but small. It did its job. I was still thinking we wouldn't really be back so I jam packed our days and was only at the resort to sleep. I don't think we even went swimming.

Next trip we stayed at Coronado. This is I think my favorite not counting Saratoga (I just can't give a good opinion of this one). I loved the room. I loved having a sliding door that separates the room from the bathroom/sink area. We also really loved the pool. At this trip DH said he wished we came before kids. I knew he was hooked but was not happy as I tried to go for our honeymoon and he shot it down.

The last trip was at Port Orleans Riverside. I really liked this one too. I missed the sliding door but we still loved the pool and the food here. We were in the mansion side and not a far walk to the pool or the main building. I think if her were in the other section I would not have liked it as much.

I can't wait for our next trip. We missed our August 2020 at Saratoga Springs. This next trip will be in 2023 (ugh it is so far away still) when the kids go with marching band. We won't even be in the same park as them except for when the march in MK then we will hop somewhere. DH is talking about getting a deluxe and really going all out. I have all ready started planning and I have a year and a half to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter