August vs December

Luv_Tink

Mouseketeer
We have a cruise booked on the Fantasy for August 2014. A project is getting underway at work that may prevent me from being able to go on the cruise so we are considering switching to December 2014 instead. We'd be looking at the week prior to Christmas and following up with a week at WDW after the cruise.

I know August is hotter, hurricane season, etc. December will give us the Christmas decorations, lower temps, etc. Anyway, I'd love some opinions on cruising in December vs August from anyone who has done either or both.

We have a cruise booked on the Fantasy for August 2014. A project is getting underway at work that may prevent me from being able to go on the cruise so we are considering switching to December 2014 instead. We'd be looking at the week prior to Christmas and following up with a week at WDW after the cruise.

I know August is hotter, hurricane season, etc. December will give us the Christmas decorations, lower temps, etc. Anyway, I'd love some opinions on cruising in December vs August from anyone who has done either or both.

December is a nice time to go on board. Christmas tree, gingerbread houses, Christmas all around. Not as hot.

I would book with no reservation, I actually have another cruised for December 2013 booked.

December is a nice time to go on board. Christmas tree, gingerbread houses, Christmas all around. Not as hot.

I would book with no reservation, I actually have another cruised for December 2013 booked.

We did December this past year & it was great, decorations on the ship were spectacular, & the weather was super between 75 & 80 degrees. We liked it so much we booked NYE cruises for the next 2 years. :dance3:

I would switch your itinerary and do the parks first. They should be less crowded -- Christmas week is a zoo. If you wear yourself out at the parks first you can relax and unwind on the ship. Also, if you're flying into Orlando and your flight is delayed, missing a day at WDW isn't as traumatic as missing the ship and having to catch up at the first port. On the other hand, the Christmas cruise is probably more expensive.

I would switch your itinerary and do the parks first. They should be less crowded -- Christmas week is a zoo. If you wear yourself out at the parks first you can relax and unwind on the ship. Also, if you're flying into Orlando and your flight is delayed, missing a day at WDW isn't as traumatic as missing the ship and having to catch up at the first port. On the other hand, the Christmas cruise is probably more expensive.

I would actually prefer to do the parks first, but DH is being insistent on cruise first because of the cost of the cruise. I think he's not taking into account that WDW will be more expensive the week of Christmas as well, so we're going to pay a premium one way or another.

I would actually prefer to do the parks first, but DH is being insistent on cruise first because of the cost of the cruise. I think he's not taking into account that WDW will be more expensive the week of Christmas as well, so we're going to pay a premium one way or another.

If I had to do parks after the cruise, then I would cruise and skip the parks. It's just too much of a letdown to go from being pampered and waited on to running around in chaos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter