August eastern cruise ?

Jesslm80

Mouseketeer
We’ve only cruised in the fall, wondering if the heat is opposively hot on the ship when outside? For pool time, sports, etc. We were fine in the Fall, but August is new timeframe for us. Wondering if booking classes midday is the best option to get out of the heat. How did you feel in St. Thomas and Tortola and CC? Was it more manageable in the beach? We are considering parasailing at CC but otherwise just snorkeling and beach time.

Thanks!

We are booked on the August 24th Fantasy eastern sailing. Last year we did the Dream on Sept 3.. We do a yearly trip to WDW ( past 6 years) end of Aug/beg Sept. It is VERY hot and humid but maybe we have gotten used to it, but it does not seem bad anymore. Of course we take things easy and slow..

last year was our first cruise and I was also concerned.. In fact I posted here some questions one specific to " is it too hot to eat outside on the deck in Cabanas when embarking on board" Well we got a spot inside anyways, but my recollection while in port ( hottest part) is that is not so bad.. We did have a downpour while sailing away though I recall it being bizzarely cool. but before around noonish while in Port Canaveral we were on the deck and I do not recall be hot, hot. Yes summer hot but not the I need to get into AC now, kind of hot. While docked in Castaway we ate outside it was nice.. while sailing there is always a breeze.. I sat often outside while sailing..

Castaway was of course summer hot.. We rode bikes ( they have iced water set-up on the path) and were not miserably hot.. I had planned the 5k and was wary of the heat. didnt do it as I decided to be first to beach . But we were able to enjoy the whole day in the heat.. We also had no issues eating outdoors the lunch. And my mom is elderly and handled the heat well.

Of more concern to me than the heat is that August is hurricane season. (But then again, I was one of the people whose cruise was canceled because of Irma in 2017, so I am a tad shellshocked about it, ha!) A lot of it is what you're used to. I'm from Georgia, so it's "business as usual" for me re: the heat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter