August 2024 first trip with a kiddo … Down in Port Orleans! UPDATED 6/19

I'm joining in! We stayed in a royal room last year and LOVED it! I know this will be special!
:welcome: and thanks for following along!! I'm so glad to hear you loved your room! I'm excited to surprise my daughter. I can't wait to see her face, lol.

Can I ask which bus stop you found most convenient over in the mansion section? I don't love the idea of an inner bus loop in the resort and it will be a new experience for me. I've never stayed at a resort with one before. Any tips would be great! :)

Hooray for double digits! It’s so exciting to hit countdown milestones when you’ve been waiting and planning for so long!

YAY for Tiana’s! I thought of you when I saw the opening date - I’m thrilled you’ll get a chance to ride your favorite attraction!

Super cute dresses! I think those will work very well for MNNSHP. I think you made the right call switching out the Tiana dress - those poofy princess dresses are beautiful but they’re not super soft and comfy.
I don't know what it is about double digits that just make our trip seem a lot closer than it was before, lol. I can't believe we're almost halfway through May already! Your trip is even closer and I can't wait to hear your TR about it when you all get back!

I know you asked @kclark9830 about the bus stops, but I thought I’d add my two cents. We stayed at Riverside in the Magnolia Bend/mansions area (but not the royal rooms) back in 2016. We were closest to and used the North Depot stop, but you’ll likely be closer to either the East Depot (if in Oak Manor) or South Depot (if in Parterre Place).

Bus service at Riverside had its issues, but we never had trouble getting onto a bus (or onto a seat) as the North stop was the second resort stop. The South Depot is in front of the main building and is both the busiest and last bus stop. If you’re heading to the park, I’d aim for the East Depot over the South Depot for that reason, but depending on what time you’re heading to the park it may be less of an issue.

I know you asked @kclark9830 about the bus stops, but I thought I’d add my two cents. We stayed at Riverside in the Magnolia Bend/mansions area (but not the royal rooms) back in 2016. We were closest to and used the North Depot stop, but you’ll likely be closer to either the East Depot (if in Oak Manor) or South Depot (if in Parterre Place).

Bus service at Riverside had its issues, but we never had trouble getting onto a bus (or onto a seat) as the North stop was the second resort stop. The South Depot is in front of the main building and is both the busiest and last bus stop. If you’re heading to the park, I’d aim for the East Depot over the South Depot for that reason, but depending on what time you’re heading to the park it may be less of an issue.
Thank you!! And that surprises me that the South Depot bus stop is the last and not the first, since it's the front of the resort. Maybe I'll try to request the Oak Manor building to be closer to the East Depot. :scratchin

Thank you!! And that surprises me that the South Depot bus stop is the last and not the first, since it's the front of the resort. Maybe I'll try to request the Oak Manor building to be closer to the East Depot. :scratchin

It doesn't really make sense to me either, but CSR worked the same way. Based on a Google search it seems to still be the case. I think Oak Manor would be a good choice, especially since you'd also be closer to the Ol' Man Island pool complex!

Yes, we used the East depot and never had any bus issues. The inner bus loop never bothered us. We've also stayed at CBR and didn't mind it there either.

I love the Tiana dress you chose! My husband and I stayed at Riverside several years ago and did not have any issues with the buses either. The bus stops were different at Coronado too. Bus stop 2 was the first one and Grand Destino was last 🤷‍♀️

I love the Tiana dress you chose! My husband and I stayed at Riverside several years ago and did not have any issues with the buses either. The bus stops were different at Coronado too. Bus stop 2 was the first one and Grand Destino was last 🤷‍♀️
Thank you! DD7 loves the dress and the best part... it's comfortable enough that she wears it around the house playing and lounging!

I feel much better about the inner bus loop after hearing it's not as bad as I was thinking. Thanks! :)

It's been a hot minute since I last left off!!

TODAY IS ADR DAY!!!

I had a calendar event all set on my phone to get my butt up and outta bed to be on my laptop making reservations right at 6 am!! Well.... you know what they say about the best laid plans. I got a smartwatch recently and had it on sleep mode. APPARENTLY when my watch is in sleep mode my phone automatically goes into do not disturb mode :scared::eek:

I didn't get up (in a panic) until after my 6:30 alarm went off and I laid in bed wishing I could just go back to sleep when it hit me and remembered what today is! UGH. I jumped up out of bed so quick and rushed to my laptop.

No time for sipping my delicious coffee while watching the clock get closer to 6 to refresh my page and have a decent pick of time slots. NO. At 6:41 this morning I was panic clicking all the buttons :faint:. Hot mess express, ticket for one, right here!

I really only had 2 must-get reservations: a Lilo & Stitch breakfast, and a princess meal.

First and most important and most difficult to get: 'Ohana. There was ONLY one time slot left for breakfast and it was at 12:10pm on our last full day of the trip. I told myself I'LL MAKE IT WORK! So I snagged it quick, fast, and in a hurry.

The second one I had been debating in my head for WEEKS. After a
YouTube video (by @BekahHart‬ & @thepixiedustedmom‬) and an awesome honest review by @Newsies on her latest May TR, I finally decided to go with a late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian resort. My DD7 loves Tiana and I really think she'll enjoy getting to meet her in her Bayou Adventure outfit!

And because I can't help myself (aka FOMO) I also booked us
MNSSHP - Fireworks Dessert w/Plaza Garden Viewing.

I'm honestly not sure how this will go. Magic Kingdom rope drop (hopeful snag a LL for TBA 🤞), 1900 Park Fare breakfast, MNSSHP AND the Fireworks Dessert all on the same day?? It seems like a lot for my kiddo. But hopefully a nice long resort break with a little swimming in the afternoon will help set her up for an evening full of fun.

We don't have park hoppers, so we're sticking with only one park per day. (Well, minus our first day - we're going to Typhoon Lagoon in the morning then EPCOT in the evening.) Our second day is what I have planned for our Magic Kingdom day (based on touring plans crowd calendar for lowest crowd days), so it just works out that Magic Kingdom day is going to be BUSY. I have plans for us to have a later start our third day/ Hollywood Studios day.

So quick reminder of our plans:

Sunday - travel day, LATE arrival (our airline keeps pushing our arrival time later and later and now it's looking like a 9:00pm arrival, UGH)

Monday - day 1: Typhoon Lagoon am / EPCOT pm

Tuesday - day 2: Magic Kingdom - EE/rope drop, 1900 Park Fare "breakfast" at 11:45am, SWIM BREAK, then MNSSHP w/ fireworks dessert party

Wednesday - day 3: Hollywood Studios, SWIM BREAK, back to HS in the evening (I love a ToT ride in the dark!)

Thursday - day 4: TDB, 12:10 "breakfast" at 'Ohana

Friday: travel home day, 3:10pm flight, Mears is picking us up at 11:50am

I'm honestly not sure what to do on Thursday. I feel like DD7 is going to need a break. So this can be a resort morning, or resort hopping morning, or Disney Springs shopping morning, then head to the Poly for our ADR time. We can go back to one of the other parks for rides we missed or rides we want to ride again. I'm leaving this open for now and letting DD7 decide on that day what she wants to do.

ANYHOO.... ADR's acquired!! 60 days until our Disney trip and I am sooooo stinking excited! The only left to do is to start purchasing things off my Amazon wish list of things needed for the trip. I have way too many cute outfit pieces already purchased, so we're good there. I also bought some custom made ears from ETSY. That will be a whole separate post with lots of pics coming up soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter