August 2023

shinysparklybubbles

DIS Veteran
Yes I know it’s going to be hot and humid, but due to the kids’ school and my husband’s work schedule it was late August or not at all. Kids haven’t been in 6 years so we are giving it a try. Staying at a 1 bedroom at SSR.

Who has an August trip planned?!?

We are DVC and live 1.5 hrs from WDW so have been to the parks every month of the year (!) and will say, don't worry about it and go with what works best for you! August is hot and you can expect afternoon thunderstorms so would just plan for that. We typically pack our rain gear in our backpacks (light rain jackets) and pack some extra waters in our bag with Nunn tablets to stay hydrated. We enjoy the peacefulness of SSR. Your trip will be great.

We have gone end of July into early August a couple of times.

Yes it was extremely hot but you just need to hydrate a LOT (drink water even before you get thirsty) and step into air conditioning often (to eat/snack or shop) and do air conditioned shows in the worst heat of the day.

I would bring a UV umbrella next time to use in lines that are outdoors in the sun, and bring water with you into those lines as well.

It should be a bit less crowded at that time so you have that in your favor.

Have a great time!

August 2023 for us! 8/12-8/19 at BLT. We've visited in August plenty of times. Yes it's hot and humid, but yes it's also slightly less crowded (toward the last 2 weeks of August anyway).

I plan our day so we're in and out of the air conditioning and it's less brutal that way. I also try to plan the things that are absolute must-do experiences either early in the day or late in the day. That way if the pool is calling or we just want to park somewhere that has shade or AC we can do that. Alternately if the afternoon rain is threatening we can squeeze those evening must-do's in and haul back to the resort.

Also PLENTY of water. Any time we stop, we drink water.

August 11-August 19 for us. 2nd trip for our son, who is now 7. Last trip was 2018, when he was 3 months shy of 3. Staying at CBR for 1st time. There will be 5 of us total, family friend and godmother to my son is coming for her 2nd trip to Disney.
My kids are 12 1/2 years apart, so my daughter is in college, and my son is in grade school. That's why we decided to bring along my son's godmother, because she's like a big sister to my daughter and they can go hang and do things together at times, and she can also hang with our son at times. It should be a good mix and a good trip.

Most all of our trips have been in Aug and Sept, so I know what to expect with the weather, just hoping the hurricanes stay away during that week.

Thinking of doing MNSSHP, but then again this trip is the most expensive we've ever planned, so not sure it's going to be in the budget. DD is begging to go with Paige, even if DH, DS and I skip it. We'll have to wait and see.

i'm flying my wife down Aug 17 - 26 staying at POR. then me, my sister, 3 daughters 11, 11 and 7 and the pooch are driving down arriving on Aug 19 leaving on 26th. We are coming from minneapolis. I like the drive, done it 2 times prior. the mrs will do it but since my sister comes with, i opt to fly her down early. just works out better.

we did an august trip 10 years ago when my 24 week micro preemies were 14 months old. it was hot but wasn't surface of the sun hot i didn't think. the humidity slaps you in the face when you walk out your door and that takes some adjustment but as the week went on i don't remember noticing it as much. we had chilly towels, did not do parks from open to close. more pool time than i've ever done. as long as the rain is infrequent, we will manage.

We'll be there in August! We're doing 5 nights at POR and then 4 nights at the GF. Can't wait!

August 24th to 30th with Mom (83) and sister to visit with Florida family. Doing resort only and staying at POFQ.

I'm one of the crazies that intentionally books end of Aug beginning of Sep purely for the low crowds. We've gone all other times of year and while the weather is better... the frustration of getting rubbed up against by sweaty strangers and dealing my husband's grumbling of people not walking on the right side, plus longer lines... I'll take sweaty buttcracks any day. We definitely do midday breaks at the pool and a nap and chug an energy boosting powder in a water and we are refreshed for the evening. We also have neck fans for the kids and cooling towels.

The crowds have been so weird the past couple.of years though so I sure hope they will be super low this year!!!

Yes I know it’s going to be hot and humid, but due to the kids’ school and my husband’s work schedule it was late August or not at all. Kids haven’t been in 6 years so we are giving it a try. Staying at a 1 bedroom at SSR.

Who has an August trip planned?!?
We do and we go almost every august. I'm beginning of August since our kids go back mid Aug but we live in the south so it's hot here, might as well be hot and sweaty in WDW 😓 lol

As hot as it is, there's something about those heat of the summer trips, the daily downpours, soggy feet....just good times all around :). You'll have pretty light crowds at end of August so that's a plus. Have fun!

We're going down from July 29 to August 7! 2 nights at the All-Star Sports, 7 nights at the Contemporary.

We're well on our way to becoming frequent August visitors because of my new job but we've handled the heat before, we can do it again! And honestly, as much as I'm the type of person who prefers being cold over being hot, I prefer getting to wear summer clothes in Florida versus having to worry about bringing a coat down like we had to in December and January in the past.

We'll be down there August 5-11. I am more worried about the rain than I am about the heat. I can deal with heat but rain just washes away any and all of my fun and happiness.

Fingers crossed for just a few short bursts of rain and not all day showers.

We'll be down there August 5-11. I am more worried about the rain than I am about the heat. I can deal with heat but rain just washes away any and all of my fun and happiness.

Agreed, I get enough rain where I am from. Wettest July on record. I think I will cry if it rains all day when I am away.

Hopefully you don't get a ton of rain but it's really 6 of one, half dozen of the other.....it "cools off" before it rains and gets breezy which is great, and not as hot so if I have my choice, I'll take pop up showers on and off throughout the day over no rain. We had 3 park days this last week and it's a total toss up and the weather forecast even on accuweather is wrong, we had two days of no chance of rain and got rained on so there you go. We never had all day showers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter