August 2020 Code Watch

maryj11

DIS Veteran
My travel agent posted yesterday that there was an exclusive offer for the first week in August . August 1-8. Only two resorts Pop and CBR. I got a quote for CBR standard room and it was 249.75 a night. Not sure that is dates we want so I didn’t take it. I maybe will wait to see what discounts Disney may release.

amw

need a new tag
My travel agent posted yesterday that there was an exclusive offer for the first week in August . August 1-8. Only two resorts Pop and CBR. I got a quote for CBR standard room and it was 249.75 a night. Not sure that is dates we want so I didn’t take it. I maybe will wait to see what discounts Disney may release.
Is that with tax? Because it’s not much of a discount. On the WDW site, the room is $257/night for those dates. :confused3

Last year my agency quote for August 10 at Yacht club standard ended up being more than the room direct with a summer discount. I cancelled and booked Garden view for less.

I’m in no rush to book now.

Last edited:

JenniJ

Mouseketeer
Accounting to Mousesavers, discounts fro August stays came out in January. For August stays in 2018 the discounts came out in April. I am hoping for January this year. I booked a 7 night stay from 8/20 - 8/27 at CSR Tower and would love 20% off.

• maryj11

DIS Veteran
    Is that with tax? Because it’s not much of a discount. On the WDW site, the room is $257/night for those dates. :confused3

Last year my agency quote for August 10 at Yacht club standard ended up being more than the room direct with a summer discount. I cancelled and booked Garden view for less.

I’m in no rush to book now.
    Well I’m not sure but I’m guessing it included tax.

GoofyinBuffalo

Mouseketeer
    I booked Pop with the bounceback and it is a fortune. Still need to upgrade park tickets. Not thrilled with staying at Pop, although for a short trip it is awesome. Just looking for a resort that has more to offer on no park days. Why is there so much talk about the agency discount not happening? I checked the history and usually, the Labor Day deals come out in October. Wondering if there is some other talk that I have not heard about.
    I heard Pop rates will be going up because of the new skyliner having a station there. That's too bad because it had been one of our favorite "value" resorts. Not so much of a value at $175+/night.

tripplanner2

DIS Veteran
    My quote for 2020 is $3k more than a quote I got 3 years ago. 3 years ago we were bringing my daughter for her bday with 3 friends. This time bringing a different daughter with only 1 friend for her birthday. Last time with the cheaper rate we were staying at CSR this time Pop. I am having a hard time swallowing the prices. Both cases we had "free dining".

• maryj11

DIS Veteran
    We are wanting to stay at CBR I can only imagine the price for it since the skyliner is there now.

• maryj11

DIS Veteran
    My quote for 2020 is $3k more than a quote I got 3 years ago. 3 years ago we were bringing my daughter for her bday with 3 friends. This time bringing a different daughter with only 1 friend for her birthday. Last time with the cheaper rate we were staying at CSR this time Pop. I am having a hard time swallowing the prices. Both cases we had "free dining".
    I know it’s getting ridiculous! We want a moderate this trip and they are about the price a deluxe resort used to be .

CanadianKrista

Mouseketeer
    I'm watching too! We are booked for end of August, and have Cdn discount tickets already, so I'm hoping for a room discount!

kandb

DIS Veteran
    Yup only a few years ago, we were going in August for a week at a deluxe with 7 day tickets for around $3500, for 5 people. Not going and paying $2K more now. Not willing to spend thousand more for less rides and higher prices.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM
    DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS