August 2010 CANCELLED ADR Thread - Read 1st Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it take from the time someone cancels until the opening appears online for scheduling?

Wondering the same thing as I'm trying to coordinate a cancellation with someone to try to snag. Should they try immediately when I cancel?

Wondering the same thing as I'm trying to coordinate a cancellation with someone to try to snag. Should they try immediately when I cancel?

Just a FYI for anyone else wanting to do this - it worked! We coordinated by email and I shot an email then cancelled and the other DIS'er tried right away and got our Le Cellier! :thumbsup2 So it came up almost instantaneously for her once I got my cancellation.

Yes, they should try immediately when you cancel. I actually snagged Le Cellier today from somebody that I coordinated with. We picked a time when he would cancel and I made sure I was logged into the Disney site, filled out the ressie info that I knew he would be cancelling (date, time, and place) and I just kept hitting search for reservation and when he cancelled, I immediatley picked it up. The whole process took under less than 2 minutes. Good luck!!:thumbsup2

If you can't ask for something specific, then how can you find someone who is going to cancel a ressie that you want?

If you can't ask for something specific, then how can you find someone who is going to cancel a ressie that you want?

Now that you are subscribed to this thread, you should receive email notifications when someone makes a post. (If you aren't set up for this, shoot me a PM and I can help you set up your subscriptions)

Just scan the posts for those either those offering to cancel their reservations and coordinate with another board member, or those announcing I am canceling X on Y.

Yes, once a time was decided on this process was very easy - thanks Marcie for working with me on this reservation. Really excited to be going to LeCellier at an excellent time :yay:
Just a FYI for anyone else wanting to do this - it worked! We coordinated by email and I shot an email then cancelled and the other DIS'er tried right away and got our Le Cellier! :thumbsup2 So it came up almost instantaneously for her once I got my cancellation.

Will be canceling in a few minutes: (Needed to rearrange our schedule)

All for 7 people

7/28 - Biergarten 5:30pm
7/29 - Yachtsman 5:30pm
7/30 - Crystal Palace 5:10pm
7/31 - Chef Mickeys 6:55pm
7/31 - Fresh Mediterranean 8:15am
8/1 - 1900 Park Fare 6:00pm
8/2 - Boma 6:25pm
8/3 - Fresh Mediterranean 8:45am
8/3 - 1900 Park Fare 6:55pm
8/4 - Cape May Cafe 8:05am

Hope this helps someone!

Will be canceling in a few minutes: (Needed to rearrange our schedule)

All for 7 people

7/28 - Biergarten 5:30pm
7/29 - Yachtsman 5:30pm
7/30 - Crystal Palace 5:10pm
7/31 - Chef Mickeys 6:55pm
7/31 - Fresh Mediterranean 8:15am
8/1 - 1900 Park Fare 6:00pm
8/2 - Boma 6:25pm
8/3 - Fresh Mediterranean 8:45am
8/3 - 1900 Park Fare 6:55pm
8/4 - Cape May Cafe 8:05am

Hope this helps someone!

All canceled!!

Just canceled for someone else:

For 3 people:

8/1 - 1900 Park Fare 6:00
8/2 - Boma 6:20
8/3 - Fresh Med. 8:30am
8/3 - Mama Melrose 5:30

Now that you are subscribed to this thread, you should receive email notifications when someone makes a post. (If you aren't set up for this, shoot me a PM and I can help you set up your subscriptions)

Just scan the posts for those either those offering to cancel their reservations and coordinate with another board member, or those announcing I am canceling X on Y.

I am subscribed, thanks for the offer, I just hope everyone is as nice and will post that they will cancel before they cancel to give us a few minutes to react.

Carry on!

Canceling in a few minutes:

All for 7 people:

8/5 - Boma 5:15
8/7 - Coral Reef 5:20
8/8 - Le Cellier - 4:55
8/9 - 1900 Park Fare 6:00
8/10 -Whispering Canyon - 6:15

Just cancelled (party of 4):

8/24 Akershus 8:20am
8/24 Coral Reef 1:55pm
8/28 Whispering Canyon 6:30pm
8/29 Yak & Yeti 4:45pm

Just updating the thread to post that I cancelled everything remaining just now! Thanks everyone!

Okay, I am going to cancel all my remaining ADR's on Thursday morning (June 10th) right at 9am central time. So far I've transfered two Le Cellier's and a Chef Mickey and the other people have been able to pick them up without issue when we cancelled/tried at a set time. If anyone is interested in any of these, but unable to go online Thu AM, just let me know and we can try to set up another time! All of these reservations are for 4 people (it was for 2 adults and 2 teens).

Sat, 8/21 Chefs de France 12:10pm
Sat, 8/21 Coral Reef 7:20pm
Sun, 8/22 ‘Ohana 5:00pm
Tue, 8/24 Crystal Palace 11:30am
Tue, 8/24 Wave 6:45pm
Wed, 8/25 Crystal Palace 8:10am
Thu, 8/26 Donald’s Safari Breakfast 8:05am
Fri, 8/27 Garden Grill 7:00pm
Sat, 8/28 Crystal Palace 8:05am
Sat, 8/29 ‘Ohana 5:00pm
Sun, 8/29 Chefs de France 12:00pm

Okay, I am going to cancel all my remaining ADR's on Thursday morning (June 10th) right at 9am central time. So far I've transfered two Le Cellier's and a Chef Mickey and the other people have been able to pick them up without issue when we cancelled/tried at a set time. If anyone is interested in any of these, but unable to go online Thu AM, just let me know and we can try to set up another time! All of these reservations are for 4 people (it was for 2 adults and 2 teens).

Sun, 8/22 ‘Ohana 5:00pm

Think that 'Ohana would work for a family of 5? 2 adults, 2 juniors, 1 child?

Well, we could try me cancelling at a time and you picking it up. You could always check for 5 or 4, but I'm guessing only the 4 would show up. There are a zillion threads on adding a person - in general they nearly always work with you, but it's harder going from a 4 to a 5 than a 3 to a 4 in general. Would be up to you if you wanted to try.

I will be cancelling 2 Chef Mickey reservations- one for bfast and one for dinner. We love it there but have been to CM's so many times that we decided to try something new. They are really good time slots so I hope this helps someone. I would gladly try to coordinate to cancel/rebook, so pls pm me. They are both for 4 people (2 adults, 2 kids):

Sat, 8/21 9:20 am
Fri, 8/27 at 6:30 pm

I will be cancelling by tomorrow night if I don't hear from anyone.

Hope someone can use one or both!

Well, we could try me cancelling at a time and you picking it up. You could always check for 5 or 4, but I'm guessing only the 4 would show up. There are a zillion threads on adding a person - in general they nearly always work with you, but it's harder going from a 4 to a 5 than a 3 to a 4 in general. Would be up to you if you wanted to try.

No biggie... I will give it a shot at work on Thursday AM (if the site isn't blocked!)... we have an ADR for the Garden Grill at Epcot that day, but I had wanted the 'Ohana dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!