August 10, 2015 - 5 day Mediterranean Cruise

We purchased a while ago but finally able to put somethings down on paper.

We are doing the B2B. It's 3 of us Stephanie (me) 37, Alex 47 and Sidney DD 12.

This will be our 10th cruise with Disney we've done all caribbean except one Alaska in 2012 which was FABULOUS!!!!!

We've not been to Europe yet so no time like the present, right. We are trying to go as inexpensive as possible so we booked no verandah this time, hoping we don't regret it. We didn't use it much in Alaska and it was EXPENSIVE! We are going to use that EXTRA money for excursions.
Can't wait! Look forward to meeting everyone!
Stephanie

Welcome Stephanie! We are doing the B2B also. It is going to be a great cruise. I have not done too much research yet, will probably start tackling excursions and stuff in the fall.

This thread is not as active as the Dover to Barcelona one. Hopefully things will pick up as we get closer.

Diane

We have a reservation on hold and will be making our decision soon!

So exciting to be thinking about it. We are travelling with food allergies and that is the hesitation on my part. I know DCL is wonderful but the flying has me worrying!

My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary while cruising in Europe, a first visit ! We start on July 22 in Dover for the Northern, do the Western Europe, then finish up with this cruise to the Western Med. 13 country cruise and we are very excited ! Any and all tour help is greatly appreciated !
Is there a facebook page for this cruise? and if so, how do I get added to it?
thanks, see you all on the ship

My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary while cruising in Europe, a first visit ! We start on July 22 in Dover for the Northern, do the Western Europe, then finish up with this cruise to the Western Med. 13 country cruise and we are very excited ! Any and all tour help is greatly appreciated !
Is there a facebook page for this cruise? and if so, how do I get added to it?
thanks, see you all on the ship

Sounds like you have an awesome 25th anniversary planned! I know there are quite a few people doing the Dover to Barcelona cruise before this one and there is a facebook page for that. If you find the cruise thread for August 3rd, the info is in the first post.

Diane

Not sure why I didn't add myself to the roll call here! The four of us (Me, DH, and twin DS - who will be 9) will be doing B2B with the Dover crossing. Just off the WBTA (did EBTA last year). Looking forward to returning to Italy (studied abroad in college), but not so excited about the port-intensive, short sailing (LOVE sea days!!!)

We are so excited to be in this cruise! It will be my first time to Europe as well as my kids. It will be myself, DH, DD13 (turning 14 on this cruise) and DS7. My in-laws had so much fun on their first Disney cruise with us that they have booked too. And my father in laws' daughter will also be joining us with her mom and son (9). We've never cruised with a larger party so hoping it's not too stressful!

I didn't realize how many had dropped out. I hope that the price point doesn't keep turning people away! Glad to see some B2Bers remain. I've tossed around in my head the value of this sailing and I really don't like the port-intensive itinerary, but I still want to do it. Especially since it's at a good time of year for us (no school, no baseball).

I didn't realize how many had dropped out. I hope that the price point doesn't keep turning people away! Glad to see some B2Bers remain. I've tossed around in my head the value of this sailing and I really don't like the port-intensive itinerary, but I still want to do it. Especially since it's at a good time of year for us (no school, no baseball).

I think there are always people that book early and then change their minds due to work or other issues. We have friends that finally decided to join us on this cruise (they did not want to do the b2b with us as too many days on a ship for them). I told her not to look at the first quote I gave them back in April and just book as it is only going to go higher:scared1:

I am sure there will be many people paying the higher prices if they want to go on the cruise. I know we booked a spring break cruise for the Dream's inaugural season only in August and I did not want to look at what we could have paid on opening day. We decided it was what we wanted to do and just booked.

I think there are always people that book early and then change their minds due to work or other issues. We have friends that finally decided to join us on this cruise (they did not want to do the b2b with us as too many days on a ship for them). I told her not to look at the first quote I gave them back in April and just book as it is only going to go higher:scared1:

I am sure there will be many people paying the higher prices if they want to go on the cruise. I know we booked a spring break cruise for the Dream's inaugural season only in August and I did not want to look at what we could have paid on opening day. We decided it was what we wanted to do and just booked.

I hear ya. We booked three B2Bs on opening day and ended up dropping the third one (we know we would only do two out of the three). But wanted to lock in the pricing. Your friends will have to make sure not to ever look. Price for our category (4A) on this one went up 33% ($2400), and for the Dover crossing, the difference is 59%! ($4800). Yikes!

We are still doing the B2B and I just booked our flights today! So no turning back now!!

We are also back to back on this cruise, as well as Adv by Disney London Pre-Trip
Jim
DW Jen
DS Jamie

Me (Anette), DH (Fredrik), DD Viktoria (17) and DD Felizia(7) just booked this cruise as well! So looking forward to it?

Will there be a FE?

Me (Anette), DH (Fredrik), DD Viktoria (17) and DD Felizia(7) just booked this cruise as well! So looking forward to it?

Will there be a FE?

Welcome! There has not been much activity on this thread. Some of this group is doing B2B with the 7 night Dover to Barcelona and are more active on that one, myself included.

To my knowledge a FE group has not been started. If someone would like to start one feel free to. My family will not be participating in the FE as we are traveling from the West Coast of the US and have limited luggage, especially since we will be 12 nights on the Magic.

I am getting excited for this cruise :banana:

I made the heartbreaking decision to modify this cruise today. I have been watching the flights daily but they are holding steady at $1700 per person. Also, my father in law that was traveling with us, had a fall on Halloween and we just don't think he's going to be up for the big trip. I will get to Europe one day and I hope you all have an amazing cruise!

I made the heartbreaking decision to modify this cruise today. I have been watching the flights daily but they are holding steady at $1700 per person. Also, my father in law that was traveling with us, had a fall on Halloween and we just don't think he's going to be up for the big trip. I will get to Europe one day and I hope you all have an amazing cruise!

Bummer. Yes, flights are ridiculous. I can see how they make this trip impossible for some. I also hope your FIL recovers nicely!

Welcome! There has not been much activity on this thread. Some of this group is doing B2B with the 7 night Dover to Barcelona and are more active on that one, myself included.

To my knowledge a FE group has not been started. If someone would like to start one feel free to. My family will not be participating in the FE as we are traveling from the West Coast of the US and have limited luggage, especially since we will be 12 nights on the Magic.

I am getting excited for this cruise :banana:

Yeah, not too much going on here. But we are super excited. I haven't been to Italy since 1990! We would be willing to do FE if someone was in charge of it. Will be pretty hairy since we are also doing two groups on the Dover crossing, but we can make it work.

We are still doing the B2B and I just booked our flights today! So no turning back now!!

We are with you! I got our tix a couple of weeks ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter