Attractions for almost 1yo

ElleBelle88

Mouseketeer
So we’re those people...we’re taking our baby to WDW! DS will be almost 1 when we visit in Feb 2019. Are there any attractions that have no minimum height requirements that aren’t really suitable for an infant? For example, Mickey’s PhilarMagic we could take him on but would we have to hold the glasses on him? Would we be able to exit midway through if he was upset so as not to ruin other visitors’ experience? Just trying to get my head round it all-thanks!

Carousel of Progress is a show that you cannot leave part way through. I think it's around 20 mins long, so keep that in mind. It can be a great place to take a nap, but if little one is cranky or needs a diaper, you can't leave. For the shows with glasses, they will likely be too big to comfortably stay on the little one's face, but they may not really care. My almost 2 yo watched it mostly without the glasses since they wouldn't stay on. Other than Carousel of Progress, you should be able to leave the other shows mid-way if needed, but try to sit at the end of a row so you aren't disturbing other guests.

Other than that, some people have said their young kids get scared of certain attractions, but it all really depends on the kid. At one, they may not really understand what's going on enough to get scared, but you know your kid best. The Buzz ride in MK and Toy Story Midway Mania in HS do whip around a bit so you'd definitely need to have a good hold on them and the little one is too young to really get into shooting the blasters, but they may still enjoy it. It's Tough to be a bug obviously shows bugs and it could frighten some little ones. Haunted Mansion and Pirates are both darker and could be scary. Many little ones don't have a problem on any of them though. I can't really think of anything without a height requirement that should just be automatically excluded for a one year old.

For us we did more shows and character meets, but we did do COP, People Mover, Pooh, Pan(it is dark) dumbo, magic carpets, rides like those. We personally, did not take our DDs on anything jerky or has screaming (HM). Also, would not take them on any ride that needs 3D glasses
When we watched fireworks we did so farther away from the main area, because of the loud booms.

We took our son at 18 months, so a little older than yours. But he was terrified of the drop in FEA (we didn’t do pirates, but I’d have expected the same result there).

He liked the rides otherwise. He loved the Lion King show at AK, and loved it just as much last week, a few days shy of his 3rd birthday!

So we’re those people...we’re taking our baby to WDW! DS will be almost 1 when we visit in Feb 2019. Are there any attractions that have no minimum height requirements that aren’t really suitable for an infant? For example, Mickey’s PhilarMagic we could take him on but would we have to hold the glasses on him? Would we be able to exit midway through if he was upset so as not to ruin other visitors’ experience? Just trying to get my head round it all-thanks!

One our first ever trip we went to MK for a single day at the end of a cruise trip. My daughters were 3.5 and 10 months at the time. She rode everything without a height requirement just fine. She nursed on pirates, small world, haunted mansion and under the sea because apparently sitting on mommy's lap meant time for a snack. The only ride my oldest would do that the littlest couldn't was speedway.

This is all great info, thanks. We’re going for 10 nights so we can take it as his pace. I’m mainly looking forward to letting him watch the parade, take in all the amazing sights and sounds and just make memories with mummy and daddy . Any attractions are a bonus!

We took 2 of our DS at 9 months old. (9 years apart lol) and they went on anything without a height requirement and did just fine even the 3 D shows and dark rides. Just beware, their favorite will be it’s a small world and you may find yourself riding it over and over and over again!!! Both boys hate that ride now and groan every time we do it but at 1 they loved all the sights and sounds.

We took 2 of our DS at 9 months old. (9 years apart lol) and they went on anything without a height requirement and did just fine even the 3 D shows and dark rides. Just beware, their favorite will be it’s a small world and you may find yourself riding it over and over and over again!!! Both boys hate that ride now and groan every time we do it but at 1 they loved all the sights and sounds.
:rotfl:I can just imagine! Thank you and how wonderful that your boys are still making Disney memories now, albeit different ones!

We went when our son was just turning 10months. That was the easiest. We could go on anything without a height limit and he didn't really notice much, or get scared. As he got older things have gotten harder with rides.

We also took both of our DD when they were about 10-11 months old. We had a stroller and my Ergo carrier got plenty of use. I kept them in it on many rides. You will hear some say that they have to be fwd facing but no CM ever told us that or asked us to take baby out.

At that age they were content in the stroller/carrier still. Not trying/wanting to get up and try to walk/cruise around.

We also did all the rides without a height restriction. They weren't scared at Tough to Be a Bug or Pirates at that age. Like PP mentioned they both LOVED IASW and the looks on their faces was priceless.

People will ask why you are taking a child so young, "they won't remember it" blah blah blah. We were going annually before kids, so why would we stop when we had kids. True they might not remember it but that doesn't mean they won't enjoy it. Plus you will have plenty of pictures to show them when they get older.

Oh and the Baby Centers are nice quiet & air conditioned places to change diapers/nurse but they are usually toward the front of the park. Go if it is convenient, but I wouldn't back track to use them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter