Attraction Closing Times

The trouble is because so many rides are closed the ones that are open have massive queues - we went on POC after our meal at Blue Lagoon on Tuesday - about 9.45. Adventureland was due to close at 10.00.
Usually at that time of night we have found POC really empty and have ridden 2 or 3 times in a row without getting off but the queue was so long - we were queuing from half way through the cave but they were only loading one boat.

It also means the shops etc are more crowded as people are in there because the rides are so busy so even though you say you dont mind as you dont do rides after a certain time you will still be affected

It also means the shops etc are more crowded as people are in there because the rides are so busy so even though you say you dont mind as you dont do rides after a certain time you will still be affected

I'm used to busy shops, its not like shops only ever get busy at DLRP. Plus like i said i don't go DLRP just for rides, i cant see a thousand people shoulder to shoulder walking around Adventure Land because a few rides have busy queues due to others being shut certainly not in September anyway.

We do our rides in EMH and then spend the rest of the day chilling out doing whatever. So if a ride is shut oh well, not going to cry about it.

i wouldnt mind rides shutting earlier if they were advertised. im with emma going on ride after ride isnt my main goal of my trip. i love looking in the shops or walking around the park.

at summer time though i dont see why people should pay more than other seasons when all of the rides are not opened.

We didnt let it spoil our trip and didnt worry about not getting on rides- in fact we spent a lot of time enjoying the hotel this time - as we have been so often.
However it is a shame for those people who have saved for a one off trip and gone expecting long park hours only to find most of the rides closed.

Between 10 and 11pm I think there was only 4 rides open - Space Mountain, Orbitron?, Buzz and BTM.

TBH as selfish as it sounds im not really bothered about other peoples trips except my own :lmao:

Between 10 and 11pm I think there was only 4 rides open - Space Mountain, Orbitron?, Buzz and BTM.

This is what annoys me - these rides are going to create a guest flow nightmare as everybody either heads to one corner or the other, or parks themselves on main street to wait for an entire hour. I appreciate they have to close to set up fireworks but what's wrong with star tours, phantom manor and other rides in these two lands staying open :confused3

Ouch - I can imagine the queues for BTM must be horrific then. That was Dtr's favourite part last year - that last hour on BTM with hardly any queues.

TBH as selfish as it sounds im not really bothered about other peoples trips except my own :lmao:

Wow, Emma, you don't try and sugar coat it, do you?

We were there 20th-24th July. To be honest, the funny opening/closing times weren't an issue to us as we did all of the rides we wanted to in EMH or first thing. We actually enjoyed doing this as for the rest of the day we just pottered around, if the queue was short on something we'd jump on it, if the FP return times fit in with what we were doing, we grabbed one. It was so 'relaxing' not running from one thing to the next and trying to fit everything in one day.
We only spent one full day in the Disneyland Park, typically we chose the one day that it rained on and off all day long, but even that didn't bother us. The rest of the time we left after lunch and chilled out. We still managed to do all that we wanted to.

I must admit that we don't usually go on any rides after 6pm as our little one wants food and bed then!!!

However, I do think this is very unfair of Disney. We all pay full price admission and therefore should get the full Parks attractions. You should be able to get on all rides the whole time the Parks are open. It is particularly bad that the closures are not advertised. Shame on Disney!!

Its a good job we dont all feel the same or this board wouldnt exist as none of us would be interested in trying to help others get the most out of their trip.

Whilst we were there I also felt the closed rides affected the rest of the park, BTM was horrific queuing times every night, fast passes were gone by mid afternoon every day we were there. We got to ride it once in the dark as the queues were at 50 - 80 minutes after half 9 in the evening and in the heat none of us wanted to stand and queue for that long. One night it said 25 minutes and we ran on, it was more like 40 minutes and I struggled in the heat but it was well worth it, with the lack of other rides the waiting times didn't go down during the late parade either.
We found that the parade route was very crowded early on because of ride closures, the shops were so busy you couldn't get near some of the merchandise, I couldn't believe Phantom Manor closing at 10pm, we managed a last ride one evening and there was no queue.
Although I don't just go to Disney for the rides, to me it's all about the atmosphere, the shops, just being able to relax walking round, the entertainment, using the hotel more - the ride closures did have an impact on all the other things we like to do. When the park is advertised to be open til 11pm during the summer time then I personally don't think it's then fair to only have 4/5 attractions open at 10pm, with no fastpasses left and queues of 50 minutes or more.

It is ridiculous that Disney would have these staggered opening times and early closing times for so many attractions. For someone like myself, I am paying for the rides and less interested in shopping, etc. Does it really cost the park that much to pay a couple of cast members (for example) to run a Fantasyland dark ride for a few extra hours? I can't believe that they are doing this - poor Walt must be turning in his grave. There is no way he would have ever run one of his parks like this. Now let me guess - all of the shops, restaurants, food stands, and any other revenue producing venues are open in the park all day every day. I hope that they get enough complaints to re-think this strategy as this is very poor customer service. If they want to reduce the attraction hours by so much, then let's see a reduction in the ticket prices too. Shame on Disney indeed!!

I wonder how many people have actually complained to Disney about this. There have been quite a few complaints on here but I wonder if letters have been written. :confused3 Not much point complaning in person while there, because who knows if these verbal complaints actually get passed on.

I know when we were there in April we wanted to ride Casey and LPDCDF but it was never open. There was no way of knowing that, other than visiting that area to find out they were closed - it was not a scheduled closure. We normally ride Pinocchio lots of time, but because it didn't open until late, the queues were always enormous and we only got on it once. We thought this was just because it was medium season. We never dreamt this would still be the case in the middle of August.

I don't wish to sound patronising, but I wonder if those who feel it won't make much difference to the crowd have actually been there during high season. Dianetigger says there were queues at BTM of up to 80 minutes after 10 o'clock at night. :scared1: That is staggering.

Thats a good point I think hildasmuriel - if the staggered opening and closing times of so many rides have affected your trip, tell Disney - otherwise no matter how much it disappointed you, nothing will be done at all. Its entirely possible that contacting them might make no difference too of course, but at least they would know the effects these decisions have had on paying guests.

My issue with all of this is the lack of any advance notice by Disney - from the posts we've seen on this board since May-ish, we know rides have had similar staggered opening and closing times each day/week, so you'd think, as Disney produce a park programme almost every fortnight, they could add this at little cost to that. At least then guests would know as they entered the parks, which rides were closed/opening late/closing early.

Thats a good point I think hildasmuriel - if the staggered opening and closing times of so many rides have affected your trip, tell Disney - otherwise no matter how much it disappointed you, nothing will be done at all. Its entirely possible that contacting them might make no difference too of course, but at least they would know the effects these decisions have had on paying guests.

My issue with all of this is the lack of any advance notice by Disney - from the posts we've seen on this board since May-ish, we know rides have had similar staggered opening and closing times each day/week, so you'd think, as Disney produce a park programme almost every fortnight, they could add this at little cost to that. At least then guests would know as they entered the parks, which rides were closed/opening late/closing early.

Well said Elaine :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter