Attn ALL SCRAPBOOKERS

Grumpy's Gal

DIS Veteran
Good Morning! GOOD NEWS! Save yourself some money!

This week I bought Elmer's brand rubber cement for scrapbooking. I bought two jars labeled in two different ways at two different stores.

Bottle one: Elmer's, 4 oz, bought at Michael's Craft Store for $2.49. The label says "Craft Bond Wrinkle Free Rubber Cement. Acid Free."

Bottle two: Elmer's, 4 oz, bought at Target for $1.29. The label says " Wrinkle Free Rubber Cement." Doesn't say anything about being acid free.

I emailed Elmers and asked. The ingredients were EXACTLY the same. Here is what they said:
Thank you for contacting us regarding Elmer's glue products.

All of our Rubber Cement products are acid free and should be fine to use for scrapbooking.

Sincerely,

Brian Rumschlag
Consumer Response Analyst

:cool1:

Thanks for that bit of news. Where in Orlando is the best place to buy scrapbooking supplies, price wise? We are going to be there next week and I always look for supplies. Thanks :wave2: :cool1: :cool1: :wave2:

don't know about Orlando. I always check the disney hotel gift shop for disney scrapbook stickers, punches, etc.

That's absolutely right! My husband works for Michaels and if anyone is concerned he "assures" everyone as well that the poster is correct in saying that those thigns are correct. The only downside to rubbercement is that you can't really remove the picture later on without taking the paper backign with it. ;) For those who don't change scrapbooks around a lot thats no problem.

Grumpy's Gal said:
can you tell me the shipping rates from that website?
Depends on how much you purchase. I believe you can check it out yourself on the sight before you purchase. They go by cost and not weight. I have ordered with them twice and have always been satisfied. They usually stick in a surprise or two! :goodvibes

Grumpy's Gal said:
Good Morning! GOOD NEWS! Save yourself some money!

This week I bought Elmer's brand rubber cement for scrapbooking. I bought two jars labeled in two different ways at two different stores.

Bottle one: Elmer's, 4 oz, bought at Michael's Craft Store for $2.49. The label says "Craft Bond Wrinkle Free Rubber Cement. Acid Free."

Bottle two: Elmer's, 4 oz, bought at Target for $1.29. The label says " Wrinkle Free Rubber Cement." Doesn't say anything about being acid free.

I emailed Elmers and asked. The ingredients were EXACTLY the same. Here is what they said:
Thank you for contacting us regarding Elmer's glue products.

All of our Rubber Cement products are acid free and should be fine to use for scrapbooking.

Sincerely,

Brian Rumschlag
Consumer Response Analyst

:cool1:

Thanks for the info! I used to use rubber cement for lots of projects before so many other products came out. It always worked well for PERMANENT things. Glad to know that I can go back to an easy and effective adhesive and save money! I think I'll try it for my scrapbooking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter