Attention all CMC's need advice on joining you

goofymom/pop

<font color=deeppink>oh where oh where can the tag
Hey Girls....have been considering for sometime selling CM products. Mostly to supply my habit. :teeth: Is it profitable?

Heres what I am unsure of:

How much do the Hostess gifts cost you each month?

Bags?

Catalogs?

How many classes will I need to teach to break even with the product giveaways and such.

Anything you can share would be very helpful. I am currently running a swap with other girls from my CM crop club, have designed a border class and other things. My CMC is dying for me to do this, I am just afraid it will end up costing me money.

Help!

:Pinkbounc Bumping and subscribing. I might sign up after the first of the year so I have all the same questions.

Did you ask your CMC what the cost of these items would be? I had a really long talk with mine about all the costs and she was great about answering every question I had.

She told me what the little freebies cost that she gives at each crop for coming - unbelievably inexpensive! She's very generous with her give aways too! :teeth: I love going to her crops.

She did suggest that I not give every customer the benefit of my discount because it does cut into all the "extras" that you buy. I know she gets all her order froms for free but the rest of what you were asking - hostess gifts, bags, catalogs - I didn't specifically ask about.

She also said that you have to place a retail order of $500.00 every quarter. It can be cumulative, as long as by the end of the quarter the entire amount of your orders has been $500.00.

She mentioned trying to make sure the order was $560.00, some kind of bonus thing kicks in. I was starting to get lost with all the info at that point.

Hopefully someone will come along and give more insight too!

It definetly can be profitable. I try to run a break even business because I really just want to get my stuff at cost and get many of the perks such as $6 albums when they are clearing out inventory! The hostess gifts are very discounted and you will more than make up for it in profits. The bags and catalogues are really not very expensive either and who says you have to buy them! I don't give the catalougues out at classes anymore. I sued the product collection sheets and only give the cata. to people who place an order. Only buy that stuff when you have classes or profits to cover them.

Good luck..its really not that hard to be a hoobyist CMC..how much you make is really determined by how much you want to work.

Before I signed I spoke to my CMC and we went over an consultant's order form so I knew all the costs before hand. I would recommend you do that with your CMC, and have her review the 30/60/90 day plan with you too.

Initially I was worried about meeting the quarterly sales quoto, however that has not been a problem at all. Having a crop group already established will ensure that won't be a factor for you either.

Good luck, I really enjoy being a CMC. If you have more questions, feel free to PM me. :)

I am a hobbyist CMC -- I know not what CM looks for, but for 7 years now, I have only had parties for friends and familys, usually only ordering what they need quarterly and have always been able to keep the quota for orders and have not really "spent" extra money. I do get bags and catalogs for them and their stuff, since it helps them to order more, the price is not an issue. most of the "tools" to classes are reasonably priced and the hostess gifts are greatly discounted.

thanks for the info girls. There is an incentive to sign by Friday for an extra 100 in product. I am so on the fence and think I should wait til after the holidays, so I don't do it in a quick manner. Want to be sure this is what I want to do.

Will let you know what I decide

If you are too busy right now, it may not be a good time. You need to place tour first order, which must be $500 within 30 days of signing. So, if you don't have enough friends and family who would order now, and you do not hav etime for show now, you may want to wait. If you can get 3 shows booked fo rearly January, though, go for it.

CMC really does give us unbelievable good deals on teh give-aways. The only thing to watch is that coordinators get shopping credit at $200. You don't see that credit until you hit $500 on one order. So, if you wait to have 2 or 3 shows to order, you should be ok. You just don't want to place too many orders under $500 if you are givng away coordinator gifts. It woudl still make you a profit, but it won't be as profittable.

ok I am a little confused on the coordiantor credit thing.....can you explain that again....sorry for being so dense

Sorry, I was gone for a bit. Coordinators get free products for sales after $200. Well, if we purchase $500 or more at a time, we get products at a TTyu discount (we only pay 25% of retail cost). That helps us to cover giving out the free products. So, if you try to only put in orders $500 or more, it really helps. So, if you try to have 2 or 3 shows around the same time, you put those together and max out your savings. Better?

oh....that makes sense. Thanks! It would be hard for me to have a couple parties together....I really need to think about this.

You can still do it and it's surprising how good parties can be. I think I've only had 2 under $400. Add on some misc request from people and you're over $500 in no time! I don't think you'd lose $ if you didn't do $500s, you would just not make as much.

I've just started - I hosted a class and wanted so much stuff it was cheaper than placing an order! My CMC was very generous (she's after the bonus weekend at Champneys) and said she'd get me registered then I could order the stuff from my class as my first party - so I've already got sales of over £200 and am well in site of my 30 day target. The hostess gifts are very cheap, as are the bags (though you can do without them if you like, but they do look impressive if you're handing over someone's order at the school gate say.) I really want to do it as a hobbyist, I'll be holding little get-togethers for my friends who ordered stuff and letting them use my tool, but I probably won't charge them to attend. If I do have more workshops I'll probably give a refund of the workshop cost with orders over a certain amount - what I'm really after is getting all my stuff at a discount, and profit will be a bonus (and most unlikely given what I've spent already :guilty: )

Go for it - if the worst comes to the worst I'd bet you can spend that much yourself ;-)

oh I would say I can spend that much...I was keeping track of my Memory Keepers club card and spent over 500 in the last couple months....holy @@@@ I was shocked. And then realized it would have been 150 less if I were a consultant. Not to mention I may have sold enough to pay for the other 350.....seriously thinking but not til after the holidays.

If that's the case, go for it! You *may* want to wait for a nother incentive to come along, but that's up to you. If you are spending that much, you may want to start your savings ASAP. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter