ATT Cell Phones

WVMomof3

DIS Veteran
I need recomendations for a good cell phone. My contract with ATT is up, so new phone for me. I have a a 2 year old Nokia now. It has been on OK phone, my main complaint is that the person I am talking to hears all background noise and it is magnified tenfold. I know this because my husband has the same phone, and boy do we hate talking to each other on them. My second complaint is that the camera is not good at all. I do talk and text about equally. I do not want anything that requires the data plan. Any suggestions? It is so hard to tell from looking at the website what is good. I prefer a free one, but willing to pay a little for a decent one.

We have AT&T. I usually really like Nokia phones, but my current one is not so great. I have it turned up as loud as it will go - I keep it set on "outdoor" all the time, so it should be BLASTING loud. But I can hardly hear it. I didn't know that until after the transaction was complete and there was no going back. Next time I get a phone I will put it in my purse and make them let me hear how loud it is. When I complained to AT&T all they said was "Oh, yeah, that model is really quiet." :headache::mad:

DS used to have a Samsung, and it was fine. Now he has a Motorola. DH has an OLD Motorola that he just loves. He has been eligible for upgrade forever but he really likes his phone.

The WORST phone I EVER had was an LG. The battery wouldn't hold a charge after about 6 months. I am careful with my phones - there is NO reason the battery should have been malfunctioning. Well, it turns out there was no such thing as a replacement battery! :eek: I fought and fought with AT&T over it. They did eventually allow me to upgrade, even though I wasn't eligible yet. Because of that I would NEVER have another LG product.

I have ATT also. I have the LG Shine for almost two years now and never had a problem. We are also starting to look into new phones since our plan expires in July. Unfortunately a lot of the new phones require a data plan for an extra $30 per month per line!!!! That's just crazy as there will be 4 of us on this next plan. I haven't done a lot of research yet, so I'm sure there's stuff out there, but have noticed all the "cool" phones seem to have this requirement.

Just an FYI, DS15 got the Pantech Duo (he was 13 at the time), and we had it replaced 7 times in less than a year. Granted he used it a lot, but this was a $400 phone (paid $100 when we renewed our plan). I ended up buying him a $25 basic flip phone off ebay and it has been fine for about 14 months now.

I have a Sumsung Flight. I had to pay fifty for it but it came with a fifty dollar rebate too. I really like it.

I just yesterday received a Samsung A437 that I purchased off of EBay - I had the same identical phone for the past 3 years and it finally died. It was not time for a contract renewal and AT&T does not offer this phone anymore. I have a Blackberry Curve and an LG Vue - but I was not really thrilled with either of them. I used the Vue as a backup until my new Samsung arrived and it was not bad - did not have to have the additional data plan so that was a plus. (I just prefer a smaller phone than a Vue or a Blackberry)

I have a samsung solstice (sp?) and I love it!! Very similar to Iphone in that is is completly touch screen....If you want internet with this phone it is only 10 bucks a month for unlimited...because it is not a smart phone....but I cant tell.

I have a samsung solstice (sp?) and I love it!! Very similar to Iphone in that is is completly touch screen....If you want internet with this phone it is only 10 bucks a month for unlimited...because it is not a smart phone....but I cant tell.

What does that mean? What sort of data plan is that? I'm very interested.

I was looking at the solstice. I think I might get that one. Now I see the $10 data plan too. From my understanding you have to have the unlimited family text plan to get the $10 data plan. Is that right? Do you have any regrets with this phone?

If you have family texting, data on a non-smart phone is 10$. If you do have a smart phone, it's 30$ per phone.

I'm really frustrated with AT&T right now. Their basic packages are really crappy.
Kari wants me to take my phone line off her account. Fine, I understand that. But to put my phone on its own line, is gonna cost me nearly as much as the current plan with four phone lines. They don't make packages for solo customers... it's all about the "family plan". If I don't "transfer" the line, then she'd be charged for cancelling the line on a contract. Since I just upgraded in December, it won't end for 2 more years.
My phone is a smart phone, so automatically 30$ for data. 20$ for unlimited texting (I have nearly 4000 messages in just 7 days into the billing cycle). I barely use a couple hundred minutes a month. Most my calls are mobile to mobile or nights and weekends. But the cheapest plan is like 400 daytime mins, 5000 n&w mins, and free mobile to mobile for 40$. So I'm looking at a 100$ for one phone line, and currently, it's 150 for four lines (or about 40$ for my line).

Sorry... I just spoke with them tonight and it's really aggreviating.

Kari just upgraded hers to a Sony. Not sure which model, but it has a cybershot camera on it. She really enjoys it and likes the texting on it, and it's not a smart phone. She's usually hard on cameras, so wait about 6 months and I'll tell you how well it's held up.

Ok, have to admit my ignorance a little bit. I hear people talk about apps and Iphones. Do you have to have the Iphone to get apps or can any internet phone get them, such as the solstice? I went to the store to look at the solstice today. I really liked it, but just could not bring myself to get it. I am horrible at making decisions!

Sorry!! I just now saw the questions about the solstice...honestly I dont know if It can get aps or not. When I got the phone it already had a button to click on for facebook, my space, yahoo..there is a game and apps button on the phone, but never used it...LOL!! I use it primarly to check email, facebook, and do quick internet searcher....I Love it...Cant complain...so glad I did not spend the money for an Iphone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter