Atlantis or Swimming w/ the Dolphins

jmchone0830

Mouseketeer
We're booked for next year's NYE cruise on the Dream. We are having such a dilema to either spend the day at Atlantis or doing the dolphin swimming. My kiddos really want to do both. What would you do?:confused3

Guess we'll just have to book another cruise to do what we missed! :banana:

They have a dolphin interaction at Atlantis. Just call the resort to book. Then you can spend time at the Atlantis Dig afterward. They also have a Sea Lion Interaction that we are set to fo on next week.

I didn't know that! Thanks for that! I would assume both dolphin experiences are comparable right? My daughter has wanted to go for years so want to be sure that she truly enjoys it.

Are you booking this directly through the Atlantis or through DCL? We are booked on the DREAM on Dec 29, 2011. I want to go to the Atlantis this time and wondering the best way to do this.

Discovery Cove is pretty much the same cost as doing it on the cruise at Atlantis, but you get the whole day with all equipment, food, drinks... plus a 14 day pass at Sea World, Busch Gardens or Aquatica. I would just enjoy the Atlantis aquaventure and do Discovery Cove on my own(IMO;)) My kids loved the aquaventure and the beach at Atlantis and the LOVED Discovery Cove... so we got the best of both worlds.

Are you booking this directly through the Atlantis or through DCL? We are booked on the DREAM on Dec 29, 2011. I want to go to the Atlantis this time and wondering the best way to do this.

Hey we're going to be on the same cruise! :) I think I'm going to go with the Blue Lagoon and book through their website as I would like to do both the dolphin and sea lion excursions and they are offering a discount if booked together.

However, in reading these threads folks suggest the best way to do Atlantis is by getting a room at Comfort Suites Paradise Island and you get full access to Atlantis. I would go this route if we were choosing to do Atlantis for the day. Hum, might want to check the site though. I was just trying to search for rates for March one day and it said minimum stay was 4 days. But hey it's worth a try if it could save some money!:cool1:

It is my understanding that recently Blue Lagoon made an arrangement with Disney and if you try to book through them they may ask if you are on dcl. If you are they will refer you back to Disney for booking your excursion.

It is my understanding that recently Blue Lagoon made an arrangement with Disney and if you try to book through them they may ask if you are on dcl. If you are they will refer you back to Disney for booking your excursion.

Ohhhh, good to know!! Thanks for passing that along! Wonder if I can book both through Disney then? Guess it's back to researching! :)

Or don't tell them you are on dcl. We booked through Disney but I believe others have not confessed to being on board. Ask around.....Maybe start a new thread:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter