• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Atlantis cabanas?

HeadNerd

Mouseketeer
Hello - We have a trip on the Wish coming up in late July.

Has anyone had any success getting a cabana at Atlantis Aquaventure? We have the excursion itself booked, but I can't find how to get a cabana. The generic Port Adventures list shows it as a separate item you book, but inside my reservation, it's not offered. I sent a note to dcl.shore.excursions at disney back in *April* (and repeated) and have gotten zero response. I suppose I can call and check, but thought I'd ask her, given the long wait times.

Also, generic question - anyone been to Aquaventure recently? We've never gone, wondering if COVID has changed the experience significantly? Any advice? We're all vaxxed/boosted, etc, etc.

Thank you!

Just checking in on this again with cruise fast approaching. (Yay). Shoreside Port Adventures team finally got back an email saying that the cabanas weren’t available through them. I assume Atlantis still has cabanas though so perhaps I’ll call. Has anyone used an Atlantis cabana? Any thoughts?

We will be on our first cruise on the Wish (7/29-8/1) and booked a cabana and excursions directly through the Atlantis site. I think the cabanas were $500 - $1250, and we ended up reserving the middle priced Bath Colonnade for $900. Since this is our first time also, I’m hoping it’ll be fun and curious as well.

On another post, DCL said they were unable to book the Aquaventure Day because Atlantis limits it to 5 and up, and their party included a one-year old. I emailed DCL, and yet to hear back from them, but I did confirm with Atlantis via online chat and email that all ages are allowed.

I also booked a cabana directly thru Atlantis (and I did this as well in 2018 because I wanted a better one than the one that comes thru Disney Port Adventures). However, this time I'm concierge and the concierge told me they didn't have the Aquaventure cabins or the dolphin swims. I booked both thru Atlantis online. You don't have to call; you can do it all here: https://www.atlantisbahamas.com/thingstodo/waterpark/privatecabanas

The good thing with doing it direct is you can choose where you want your cabana to be (Last time I chose near the body slide pyramid and this time I chose the lazy river and if you have more people than Disney allows thru Port Adventures you can book a bigger cabana). The cost is also probably better but I can't remember. The downside is you pay up front and there is a cancellation policy sooooo if for some reason you cannot port at the last minute you will have to take the loss or file a travel insurance claim.

We will be on our first cruise on the Wish (7/29-8/1) and booked a cabana and excursions directly through the Atlantis site. I think the cabanas were $500 - $1250, and we ended up reserving the middle priced Bath Colonnade for $900. Since this is our first time also, I’m hoping it’ll be fun and curious as well.

On another post, DCL said they were unable to book the Aquaventure Day because Atlantis limits it to 5 and up, and their party included a one-year old. I emailed DCL, and yet to hear back from them, but I did confirm with Atlantis via online chat and email that all ages are allowed.
The issue may be that at one time didn't the Bahamas not let unvaccinated guests off the boat. Therefore, 5 and unders were not approved for the vaccine and could not get off the ship. That policy may have changed but make sure if it hasn't. My kiddos are 15 so I haven't paid too much attention but I do know I read earlier that unvaccinated guests (meaning under 5's) were not allowed into the Bahamas. Since unders 5's can get vaccinated now I assume that changes that policy but not sure if Disney has updated theirs yet?

Tha
I also booked a cabana directly thru Atlantis (and I did this as well in 2018 because I wanted a better one than the one that comes thru Disney Port Adventures). However, this time I'm concierge and the concierge told me they didn't have the Aquaventure cabins or the dolphin swims. I booked both thru Atlantis online. You don't have to call; you can do it all here: https://www.atlantisbahamas.com/thingstodo/waterpark/privatecabanas

The good thing with doing it direct is you can choose where you want your cabana to be (Last time I chose near the body slide pyramid and this time I chose the lazy river and if you have more people than Disney allows thru Port Adventures you can book a bigger cabana). The cost is also probably better but I can't remember. The downside is you pay up front and there is a cancellation policy sooooo if for some reason you cannot port at the last minute you will have to take the loss or file a travel insurance claim.

Thanks much for the guidance, I'll try booking something directly with Atlantis. Not sure what cabanas to choose. Kids are 9 and 11 and not huge waterslide fans (anything big/scary they aren't going to do), but not sure what's near a nice pool and the kiddie section perhaps...

That website wasn't working last night for some reason, but it is now!

The Mayan Temples ones are also right in front of this pool:
1657560948413.png
See those tiny little white tent looking things to the right. I'm pretty sure that's them from what I remember so in addition to being close to the Temple with the body slides they are also next to that pool. And if you walk to the left in that map there is beach access. It was a good location from my recollection. Anything that is open for more than 6 people is going to cost more so if cost is the most important thing I'd pick Bath Colonades.

The ones I picked this time are in front of the lazy river entrance:
1657561092367.png
So see the tiny tents again to the right of #1 (which is the lazy river) but higher than the bathrooms in the right corner. That's The Current ones. I assume the 9 and 11 year old will like the lazy river and the giant pool so either location is probably a solid choice for that age group and convenience. I go after you or I'd report back. I'm going Aug 5-8.

The Mayan Temples ones are also right in front of this pool:
View attachment 683683
See those tiny little white tent looking things to the right. I'm pretty sure that's them from what I remember so in addition to being close to the Temple with the body slides they are also next to that pool. And if you walk to the left in that map there is beach access. It was a good location from my recollection. Anything that is open for more than 6 people is going to cost more so if cost is the most important thing I'd pick Bath Colonades.

The ones I picked this time are in front of the lazy river entrance:
View attachment 683686
So see the tiny tents again to the right of #1 (which is the lazy river) but higher than the bathrooms in the right corner. That's The Current ones. I assume the 9 and 11 year old will like the lazy river and the giant pool so either location is probably a solid choice for that age group and convenience. I go after you or I'd report back. I'm going Aug 5-8.
Here's the full map of the water park and little bits of the beach:
1657561401080.png
so the Bath Colonades I believe is number 17....Can anyone confirm? So it's a bit far away from the water park but if all your kids want is a pool and nearby beach access.

In a nutshell by the way, all the slides are in that temple and the tower (#4). The temple slides are body slides and the tower slides are tube slides. There are 4 slides in each. The neat thing about the lazy river/tower slides is that they are connected. So if you ride a tube slide from the tower you end up in the lazy river. There is an exit sign from what I remember telling you where to get out if you want to ride another tower slide.

I think some of these are Bath Colonade and some of these at The Cove ones. The ones fronting the beach are the cove ones (super expensive and only can be purchased by people staying in the cove. They have an entrance from the pool side and to the beach. The ones not fronting the beach I'm guessing are the Bath Colonades ones since that's what that pool is labeled as. Those are for 6 people max so probably the cheapest. They still look pretty close to the Power Tower, Current River and not too far from the playground.
1657564994544.png

And these are definitely the Mayan Temple ones I stayed in last time that are for up to 8 people:
1657565150401.png

I'm actually wondering if the Cove Cabanas aren't over in this area and all the ones by the Bath Colonades pool are those cabanas:
1657565455952.png
Those big giant looking gray buildings on the beach might be the Cove Cabanas?

The Coral cabanas aren't in Aquaventure I do not think. See how far away the Coral is from the park so DO NOT book these:
1657565562988.png

In a nutshell:
  1. If you have 9-10 people or want to be closest to the lazy river and kiddie playground but furthest from the beach choose The Current.
  2. If you have 7-8 people or would prefer to be near a pool, and the body slides choose Mayan Temple
  3. If you have 6 or less people, want to save money and want to be closest to the biggest zero entry pool, tube slides, and the beach choose Bath Colonnade Cabanas
DO NOT Choose The Coral and you cannot book The Cove.

Last edited:
*Guess I should say you can choose The Coral if all you care about is a pool and don't plan to visit the waterpark itself and are 6 or less people

You've all been super helpful in this thread for me (and others it looks like). I ended up booking a cabana at the Bath Colonnades. It looked like it had great access to both the big pool there and the ocean, so my finicky kids can choose either, and not too far a walk over to the kiddie play area if they want that. Sort of an awkward in-between age where I have no idea their desire to do the more daring waterslides *or* the kiddie play area or neither.. and they probably won't know til they get there either! So seemed like a safe bet.

Booked through the Atlantis website an hour ago and got my confirmation. I did have to pay the $900 up-front and it said 3-day notice. So it we get turned away from boarding (COVID?) or suddenly change our mind, I may be out of luck on a refund, but at least I could cancel this/next week if something changed.

Thanks again!

You've all been super helpful in this thread for me (and others it looks like). I ended up booking a cabana at the Bath Colonnades. It looked like it had great access to both the big pool there and the ocean, so my finicky kids can choose either, and not too far a walk over to the kiddie play area if they want that. Sort of an awkward in-between age where I have no idea their desire to do the more daring waterslides *or* the kiddie play area or neither.. and they probably won't know til they get there either! So seemed like a safe bet.

Booked through the Atlantis website an hour ago and got my confirmation. I did have to pay the $900 up-front and it said 3-day notice. So it we get turned away from boarding (COVID?) or suddenly change our mind, I may be out of luck on a refund, but at least I could cancel this/next week if something changed.

Thanks again!
You can also try insurance. We have a credit card with travel insurance so I use it to book stuff like this. Hubby broke his foot on a hike once in New Zealand and couldn't participate in a later multi-day guided hike off the grid through the mountains that cost over $1000 and he was able to get his money back through Barclays credit card.

In a nutshell:
  1. If you have 9-10 people or want to be closest to the lazy river and kiddie playground but furthest from the beach choose The Current.
  2. If you have 7-8 people or would prefer to be near a pool, the beach and the body slides choose Mayan Temple
  3. If you have 6 or less people, want to save money and want to be closest to the biggest zero entry pool and the beach choose Bath Colonnade Cabanas
DO NOT Choose The Coral and you cannot book The Cove.
Thank you for all of this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter