Atlantis Beach Day vs. Blue Lagoon

dskib

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me which one is better? It will be me, my dh and our 5 year old. Honestly, the only reason I was considering Atlantis is that I read there are more return shuttles back to the ship than there are at Blue Lagoon. But if Blue Lagoon is better, and less expensive to boot, I'm still open to it.

Thanks!

Interested in the responses. We are contemplating the same thing for the same reason.

We went to Blue Lagoon January 2012 -- me, dh, and our daughter who had just turned 4. Because the lagoon is protected, it is very calm water -- great for little ones in my opinion. There is a section you can pay extra for with climbing things & trampolines in the water (think "Wipeout") that looked fun for older kids. We would be happy to go back.

We haven't been to Atlantis (yet), so I can't offer a comparison of the two. Since you're talking about the Atlantis Beach Day, though, and not the Aquaventure, you need to decide what is more your family's "speed." Do you want to relax on the beach, or do you want to have an interaction with dolphins or sea lions? My DH and DD did the dolphin swim at Blue Lagoon Island last year, and it was an incredible experience. People on the Disboards seem to have had great experiences with the dolphin and sea lion shallow water interactions as well. We hung out at the beach for awhile afterward and enjoyed it, but I don't know that we'd go to Blue Lagoon Island just for the beach.

We did Blue Lagoon last year when we were on NCL. Had 5 16 year olds that got to interact with the Dolphins and really enjoyed it. The island is really nice very laid back. Food was ok drinks VERY strong!!! :) :)

Considering the same thing only we have 3 teenagers. Last time we did the Aquadventure, which was a huge success with my kids. Unfortunately, we cannot afford to do it again. I had never heard that there were some water activities for older kids at Blue Lagoon. Does anyone know how much it costs? Also, is there anything like this at the Atlantis beach?

Does anyone know about the inflatables located at Blue Lagoon? Is there an additional charge? Enough to keep teens content? Pictures?

Does anyone know about the inflatables located at Blue Lagoon? Is there an additional charge? Enough to keep teens content? Pictures?

Here is a link to Blue Lagoon's web site, where you will find pricing info and photos. Personally, I don't think there is enough there to keep teens occupied for more than an hour or two unless they are content to lounge on the beach. If they were participating in the dolphin swim and then heading over to the beach, that would be another story.

http://www.dolphinencounters.com/island-all.php

Here is the best photo I got that shows the inflatables:

232323232%7Ffp%3B95%3Enu%3D3239%3E898%3E%3B42%3EWSNRCG%3D3553%3C5%3A294339nu0mrj

ETA: This is not a photo of one section of the beach/swimming area -- it is the whole area.

Thanks! Has anyone been to either one recently? I booked Atlantis today and have since read some bad reviews about the beach and the food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter