At what "Dollar Store" do you shop?

missypie

<font color=red>Has an outlet for romance<br><font
I keep reading posts about people getting great deals at "the Dollar Store." Disposable ponchos 2 for $1, over the door shoe racks for $1, etc. I went to Dollar General last night and coudn't find any good deals. The disposable ponchos that were 76 cents at Walmart were $1 at Dollar General.

At which "Dollar Store" are y'all finding such great deals?

I've bought the 2/$1 ponchos at Dollar Tree. They sometimes have the glow in the dark bracelets and Disney stickers too. Sorry, can't help with the shoe rack.

I love the dollar tree stores too, its at our relatives area in the next state, so when we visit, I stock up. I see there is a dollar tree possibly opening up about 20 minutes away, dont know if its part of the chain. We dont have a chain one by us, just several smaller independent ones.
Missypie - aren't there alot of dollar stores in the arlington area. I wanted to check them out last time we were there, but ran out of time.

Dollar General is what I call a fake dollar store because they don't sell all their stuff for just one dollar. They just sell in whole dollars (no cents)

The true dollar stores are places like Dollar Tree, Dollar Bill$, Only $1.00, things like that. They're usually in strip malls, small little stores - although I've seen some pretty big ones. There's also a place called Deal$ - they're a big dollar store and sells food items too among other things.

My best finds are at Dollar Tree.

I bought a container of 18 glow sticks there last week & they also have the packs of glow bracelets & necklaces (6, 8, or 10 to a pack...I've forgotten exactly). I also got some nice Disney night lights there which I'm putting in goody bags for our trip. I've found Disney sitcky notes, notepads, pencils, erasers, stickers, etc. Sometimes it's hit or miss finding Disney items there but when they do have them, you can get terrific buys.

Dollar Tree always has the 2 for $1 ponchos & I stock up on them since they're so cheap & I don't have to save them. I just do like others & toss 'em at the parks after use. They also stock an 8 compartment over the door shoe bag which is a good size for me.

I did find a really nice fleece Disney jacket last fall at Family Dollar. It was $15 & looked like the ones the Diney Store was selling for $30+.

Thanks. I know where a Dollar Tree is. I tried Dollar General because it is next to DD's gymnastics gym.

We have a Dollar Works and it is like Dollar Tree, everything's a dollar. I bought rain ponchos and glow necklaces for our upcoming trip.

They usually don't ever have authentic Disney stuff (I don't think there's a Dollar Tree in NY, but if so, let me know!), but I can usually find most toiletries and even some snack/food items. I always check the exp date, though. There is actually one store that is a bit of a hike, but it has a refrig/freezer section. They often have name brand stuff or less expensive brands that is decent-I've gotten frozen fries, "imitation" shredded cheese, micro meals, veggies, corn dogs, etc there. Good way to save $ for our next trip!

We have Dollar Tree's around here, and there is one called the 99c King. Never been to that one.

I find my best "finds" at the Dollar Tree. I am not keen on buying food there though...don't know why, just a hang-up of mine I guess!

Marcy

I got our ponchos at Dollar Tree, I like it much better than the other dollar stores we have. I also have found Disney coloring books, a Walt Disney book, Mickey lollypops and keychains.

You've got to really know your prices to be sure you are actually getting a deal at any Dollar store (or ANY discount place for that matter). I've seen lots of things at our local Dollar Tree that I KNOW I can get cheaper at Walmart and other places.... but I have also gotten some good deals. I got a 2004 Mobil U.S. road atlas a few weeks ago. Original price was about $15. So shop with your price notebook handy (or at least keep your thinking cap on!)..............P

We have lot's of different dollar stores in my area, but I definitely get the best deals and best quality at Dollar Tree. And it is true, not everything is a 'deal' for $1. Somethings that are $1 at Dollar Tree (or the other stores) are less than a dollar at Wal-Mart or Target, you do have to be knowledgeable about what the 'normal' price would be.

We have a Dollar General in our town and I call it Dollar's General with the "s" at the end because very few things are actually $1. I perfer to go to the Dollar Tree.

I prefer Deal$. I just bought some fat Mickey Mouse pins for DS' autograph book. They also have some cute (fairly large) Pooh gift bags. I plan on having a gift placed in our room as a suprise. I like the Dollar Tree too. I am looking for glow necklaces, etc. for Fantasmic, Spectro Magic as I prefer not to spend the extra dollars that it would cost me in the park.
Melodie

Deals is my favorite too. We have a Dollar Tree, Deals and Dollar Bills all within a block of one another. Gotta love the dollar stores.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter