At Disney now..just used Dining Plan

Cathy baby RN

Mouseketeer
We just moved from Pop Century to the Beach Club. I wanted to try out the dining plan so we booked a 3 day package before moving to the Beach Club with the AP rate.
Although we only did it for 3 days, here are my observations..
it is a great deal, but way too much food for our family.
In previous trips, we usually ate one big meal a day and then snacked around the world. We also have lots of snacks and things in our room to eat.
By the 3rd day on the dining plan we still had 6 Counter Service meals left and 9 snack credits. We used our last 3 table service credits at Chef Mickeys on the day of check-out(check-in Beach Club day). I paid out of pocket for
two of my children that had flown in that day. Orginally I was going to "save" two of the TS credits and let them use them, but after all the talk on here that you weren't allowed to do that , I didn't want to chance it on the last day. As someone else said, they did automatically add 18% gratuity to our OOP bill. I can see how some have added the tip not knowing it was already added in because there is a line for the tip on the receipt. We only had 5 in our party so I don't know why the tip was added in ......really didn't like that.
Another thing, I have young teens and they really didn't care for some of the offerings off the adullt menus. At Coral Reef, the only thing that they saw on the menu was baked chicken, and when it came out it was presented with a fancy salad, strips of red pepper and a hard boiled egg dipped in paprika!! They barely touched it and would rather have ordered the pizza! :rolleyes:
Let me know if there are any questions I can answer :)

We are headed to the world in 15 days :cool1: and will be using the DDP. When you pay OOP, do they add in 18% gratuity automatically? My DS2 is not able to be on the plan and we are planning to purchase some meals OOP for him. The 18% will automatically be added to our bill? I want to be sure so that I can keep track of everything!

THanks for anu info!

Mom 2 boys- the 18% was added for our alcohol everywhere but at Mama Melrose's. And each bill showed that the 18% was added on the card slip except for Kona, where we almost tipped twice. You really need to check each bill individually.
Have fun at the world!
Cathy, we have the opposite problem, my boys didn't like the kids' food. I'm not sure whether we will do the plan again until they are both adults since we'd be pretty limited to either places that let them order adult appies or non-standard kids foods and/or buffets. But man was it ever ultra convenient.

Another thing, I have young teens and they really didn't care for some of the offerings off the adullt menus. At Coral Reef, the only thing that they saw on the menu was baked chicken, and when it came out it was presented with a fancy salad, strips of red pepper and a hard boiled egg dipped in paprika!! They barely touched it and would rather have ordered the pizza!
I would imagine there is nothing that prohibits the use of an adult TS credit to order an entree off the kids menu.

DisneyKidds said:
I would imagine there is nothing that prohibits the use of an adult TS credit to order an entree off the kids menu.

Yes, this is what we eventually did......no problem. :thumbsup2

jeannief, If we stay at a value, I would probably use the dining plan because the convience was well worth it......never having to look at prices or figure tip...and rack rate at a value is affordable. We normally stay at one of the deluxes because there are five of us, but my husband didn't come on this trip. I only stay at a deluxe when I can get an AP rate.

mom2boys, yes, the 18% is added in automatically

DisneyKidds said:

I've heard of people asking for adult portions of kids meals more than once. Of course, they paid adult prices as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter