At Disney now- BRRRRR!!!

Joyciemc

DIS Veteran
just stopped into Wonderland Cafe at DQ. Having a great trip, wanted to say hi to you all! It's cold today (1/7). AK was fun when I wasn;t melting!! Crowds have been pretty high, but I think they are starting to drop off. We've been commandos all week, and I think we'll continue that way. I think we have a convert in my friend who's joining us on the trip. He loves it!! See you on Monday!

You say it is cold at WDW today...what is cold? It has been very cold here in Chicago and I hope by cold you mean 50's!! We are leaving on Monday (Jan 12) for a 5 day visit and I would be happy with the 50 degrees!!!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!!!

Joycie, glad to hear you are having a great time.. it is cold here in MA.. I would say in the 20's with wind.. brrrrrr

Have fun, hopefully it warms up for you.. :D

Cold? I'd take cold anytime as long as I'm in Disney! Have fun!

We leave tommorrow for 6 days and "cold" is highs in mid 60's...it sure beats the highs we have here lately (the teens).

I was at Universal all day yesterday and yes it was cold, was in 40's early morning and mid 50's was the high with a stiff wind, people were wearing caps, gloves and evenb down parkas.

The temp was +1 degree this morning when I took DD to the bus stop. So "Orlando cold" sound good right now! (But maybe I ought to rethink the many pairs of shorts I currently have packed!)..................P

We returned late last night and even for us Northener's, it did start getting mighty cold on Tuesday evening. We started our day in MGM and the temp felt close to 80 with the sun beating down. We left the park at about 1pm and went back to the resort for a swim. It was very comfortable until about 3pm, when the clouds started moving in. By the time we went into the Magic Kingdom at 5pm, I was in jeans, a heavy sweater and my mittens. On Wednesday morning we did the Backstage Safari tour at the AK and I had on a few layers, topped off by a heavy sweatshirt and mittens. Even when we left for the airport in mid-afternoon, it was still cool enough for a sweater and pants. I believe the forecast called for it to start warming up into the 70's again by later this weekend. If you're going, I would suggest packing some summer clothing and take advantage of the lockers at each park. Bring along a warm set of clothes to change into if the temps do drop.

Tammi

Cold? You want to talk about cold, it was 30 below here on Tuesday with a wind chill of 50 below, not that is cold! Can't wait until I can feel that warm Florida sunshine beating down on us!

Thirty Below??? Now thats cold!!!!! Here in La it was 78 on Monday:o We pray for a cold front. :p I guess we all want what the others have, that is for a couple of days or perhaps hours . ;) Everyone out there try to stay warm. Sending some warmth from La.:wave2:

I'll take Disney cold over NY cold anyday. It's about 20, and with the wind chill, think low teens. My Feb. trip can't come soon enough!!

We were in the low 20's and windy in N. FL this morning. Cold spell here too. You may say 40 is not cold, but when you are out in it ALL day trying to have fun, the cold wet wind can bite. ;)

Originally posted by vfb2girls
Cold? You want to talk about cold, it was 30 below here on Tuesday with a wind chill of 50 below, not that is cold! Can't wait until I can feel that warm Florida sunshine beating down on us!

I'm with you vfb2girls, at 8:00 am Monday it was -27 here in Montana, I think we finally had a high of a balmy -12 by afternoon. When were in WDW in March, I'll be in shorts no matter what kind of wimpy cold weather Florida whips up.:sunny:

I'm home :( ! I should've written that it was warmer in FL than back home, but I thought that was a given. I just wanted people to have a heads up that the temps weren't perfectly suited to walking around outside all day (especially if you're set on dressing in shorts). Glad I'm in the house with the heat on now that I'm back home. Saw lots of people with the "I'm gonna wear shorts" mentality... personally, a sweatshirt worked for me. Just make sure you make your kids bring a jacket, even if it is 20 degrees warmer than back home, kids get cold in 40 degree weather. This is what we heard in Epcot around 8:45pm:
KID:I'm cold!
DAD(yelling and ver scary): I told you to bring your jacket, and you didn't. Now you have to suffer.
KID (to himself):oh no! (muttering) I didn't know we'd be out this late....

Have fun, everyone! There were some interesting things we saw, look for a trip report soon!

We were there the 9th-11th and it was downright cold on the 10th (Sat). Everyone always says oh no, 40 degrees? That's like summer time to us northerners!! But it was cold....especially with the 20-30mph winds and the cold moisture in the air. We left Epcot early Sat night because it was just too cold.....AND we met several people from Minnesota, North Dakota and Michigan on the bus back who were all very cold as well and complaining that they came to Fl for the sun and instead they were freezing....

Moral of the story is, 40degrees in one place can feel much much colder than 40degrees in another place, so be prepared and packed for all types of weather.

PS- On Sat night I was colder than I was in Chicago 2 winters ago when it was -10degrees and I was standing in the snow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter